PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate this hand for me

Piper Tim
07-08-2005, 10:04 AM
I don't have many reads on the table. But, it seems fairly typical table. Play this hand out for me please.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (20.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Chris Daddy Cool
07-08-2005, 10:06 AM
how else did would you even think of playing it?

Piper Tim
07-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I did't think of playing it any other way. Tell me if I thought about it the right way.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="purple">I limped in hoping to flop a set. I probably would have played against single raise, but no more. I planned to check/fold on the fold if I didn't hit anything </font>

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

<font color="purple"> I love the flop. I figue the others have high pairs and limped in, overcards or a flush draw. I consider the possibility of a larger full house or quad 7's, but consider them highly unlikely. </font>

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="purple"> The turn card doesn't impact me and I continue to pump up the pot. </font>

River: (20.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="purple">The jack makes me consider another with pocket jacks, but consider it unlikely as well. I am guessing the others have a flush or set. </font>

imported_The Vibesman
07-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I think SB is probably overplaying a 7, but I would probably wuss out on the river and just call the 3bet, which doesn't make much of a difference either way. Other than that I play the same.

edit: Damn, I don't pay much attention to preflop on these. You might think about raising this if the blinds are tight enough to release to a raise, limping is probably ok if the blinds like to defend, but you are not really getting odds to play this for set value only without knowing there will be more people in the pot than just the blinds. Some players might muck this in your position - depends on the table for me, I could see a case for call, raise, or fold pretty easily.

bozlax
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You might think about raising this if the blinds are tight enough to release to a raise, limping is probably ok if the blinds like to defend, but you are not really getting odds to play this for set value only without knowing there will be more people in the pot than just the blinds. Some players might muck this in your position - depends on the table for me, I could see a case for call, raise, or fold pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is in MP1, at a full table. He's got over half the table between him and the blinds. Unless you're pretty sure you can fold the whole table (unlikely), or the rest of the table will call your raise without 3-betting (also unlikely) you can't raise this, you're playing this solely for set value making your equity, what, 12%.

I've sworn off low pp's like this from EP/MP, so I muck this. But, once you're in it, what are you going to do differently?

imported_The Vibesman
07-08-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is in MP1, at a full table. He's got over half the table between him and the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, i looked too quick, thought for some reason there were less people to act ahead of him in the hand. nevermind.

@bsolute_luck
07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
i'm amazed how SB can open fold the flop and then come back in for a c/r /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

imported_The Vibesman
07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm amazed how SB can open fold the flop and then come back in for a c/r /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly the sneakiest play I have ever seen.

"I raise."

"Hey, I thought you folded!"

"Nope. Raise."