PDA

View Full Version : The Exit strategy post reminded me of this!

fuzzbox
07-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Hero UTG (400)
Villain MP (350)

Hero has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop
Hero raises to 15, villain reraises to 26, some dude cold calls, folded to hero who makes it 100, villain minraises to 174, other dude folds.
Hero for some reason, believed that if he pushed that villain would get away from everything bar AA. Hero calls deciding to checkraise all-in regardless of the flop.

Flop (370)
K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Heros heart sinks, hero checks, villain pushes ..... do you still follow through ?

subzero
07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Villain put half of his chips in preflop. I think you have to move in preflop, then have your /images/graemlins/heart.gif sink on the flop. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

swolfe
07-08-2005, 10:21 AM
man, after you've put in a 3rd raise with AA and got re-re-re-raised you need to just push.

in fact, my 3-bet would have been a push. if there hadn't been a cold-caller, i'm for calling and trapping post-flop.

fuzzbox
07-08-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
man, after you've put in a 3rd raise with AA and got re-re-re-raised you need to just push.

in fact, my 3-bet would have been a push. if there hadn't been a cold-caller, i'm for calling and trapping post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold caller led me to repop 100%. I think I would repop here anyway because I am oop and his raise is only a minraise. If he made it 50, then I might consider a smooth call with no other players.

I hate to push after a minraise like that and for him to correctly fold.

fuzzbox
07-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Because this isn't hugely interesting (or is it ?)

Hero, gritted his teeth and called. Villain showed TT, and did not improve and MHIG.

Snag
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Call. This would be a ridiculous push unless the villain put you on AA.

soah
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the size of the pot. You think he's folding anything there which doesn't also fold unimproved on the flop?

fuzzbox
07-08-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the size of the pot. You think he's folding anything there which doesn't also fold unimproved on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that was meant for after he made it 26. I hate to push there (instead of making it 100).

xorbie
07-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Push. Villain is more likely to call now with AK then after he misses the flop, and he's going to put all his chips in with QQ/KK now if he's going to do it after the flop.