PDA

View Full Version : My agression factor is F'ed up...

madscout
07-08-2005, 09:07 AM
This is only over 11k hands, so maybe it is a sample size thing.

http://www.efficacymusic.com/random/ryanwold/AF.JPG

Am I folding too much on the turn? Betting too much? Is it impossible to tell without hand examples?
I feel like a lot of times I fire the second barrel on the turn after raising preflop, only to fold to a raise or check/raise.
Do the numbers seem to agree with this?

My 'when folds hand' is 75.5/5.92/3.22/1.53 (PF/F/T/R)

Thanks,
mad

squeek12
07-08-2005, 12:56 PM
how is this f'ed up? 2.66 is just about ideal, although I didn't really look at all the details, but that was b/c I saw 2.66 and said to myself, " what the hell is wrong with that?"

madscout
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
I should have been more specific... my turn AF is higher than my flop AF, which I think most would consider to be F'ed up.

I just looked at Joker's stats, and he is folding the turn about 25% less than I am.

lil feller
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
I think people over-value their aggression factor as a stat. Its important, don't get me wrong, but sometimes the right play on a specific street is to check/call. Sometimes thats the best way to play an entire hand. Don't be afraid to check the turn with overcards when you have some outs, and you're pretty sure your opposition won't fold a better hand (but might raise with one, or with a worse one). And don't be afraid to call w/ AQ on the river after you checked the turn, if you know your opponent is capable of bluffing.

Inducing bluffs is one of the most difficult skills to acquire, because it requires you to be selectively passive. Its ok, from time to time, to take your foot off the gas.

lf