PDA

View Full Version : Push in BB with KQs

Sam T.
07-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Party $10+1, six players left, blinds at t25/50. Hero is in the BB with t575 after posting and KQs.

Folded to big stack on the button makes it t100, SB folds. Button is pretty loose, so I put him on a very wide range of hands, say any two cards above 8.

My choices:
-Call and see what happens on the flop
-Run a stop and go
-Fold
-Push

Whatcha think?

Maulik
07-08-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party $10+1, six players left, blinds at t25/50. Hero is in the BB with t575 after posting and KQs.

Folded to big stack on the button makes it t100, SB folds. Button is pretty loose, so I put him on a very wide range of hands, say any two cards above 8.

My choices:
-Run a stop and go
-Fold
-Push

Whatcha think?

[/ QUOTE ]

KQs plays well in multi-way posts and in position. There is no reason to try and risk your entire stack to take down t175 chips w/ KQs by pushing. Calling off ~20% of your stack to hit the flop is also incorrect.

Here, folding is fine. The exception I can think of is if blinds are going up immediately; however with the new t75-150 round this is less of a threat, but a consideration.

mlagoo
07-08-2005, 11:27 AM
There is just absolutely no reason to fold KQs to a button minraise which could be any two cards.

KQs plays (very) well heads up against any two cards. I push here. It's a good boost to your stack if he folds, and if not, you've got a good chance to be a 60/40 favorite and double up, which is nice.

This is a push for me everytime, with call coming in second, and fold coming in 3rd somewhere in a far off land, where the villian had never shown down anything but aces.

schwza
07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
yeah, you gotta push here.

arod15
07-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I do the Humberto Brenes thing before i push. But i def push.....

Ryan11
07-08-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My choices:
-Run a stop and go
-Fold
-Push

Whatcha think?

[/ QUOTE ]

KQs plays well in multi-way posts and in position. There is no reason to try and risk your entire stack to take down t175 chips w/ KQs by pushing. Calling off ~20% of your stack to hit the flop is also incorrect.

Here, folding is fine. The exception I can think of is if blinds are going up immediately; however with the new t75-150 round this is less of a threat, but a consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding here is terrible IMO. Button min raised meaning nothing, depending how loosey goosey the button is I'd be liable to push. It's either a call or push you can't really re-raise without committing yourself.