PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using pokerace?

The once and future king
07-08-2005, 08:44 AM
This is a standard HU display but has the nifty feature of showing you mucked hole cards on the HUD, saving you the trouble of rabbiting through HH's.

pokerace (http://pokeracesoftware.com/)

I am in now way associated with this software and it is a freedownload.

It also works on Pokerstars.

Winwood
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Yes, I use it, I think its excellent, especially the mucked cards display bit. Lets face it, you only really check what got mucked when the hand is particularly interesting. But seeing every single hand is very useful for deciding what flavour of players you're up against.

I used to use Gametime+ when I played limit ring games - that was cool, but often quite slow to catch up if players left/arrived etc. Pokerace is almost instantaneous.

The only thing I wish it did which GT+ does (as I recall) is you could drag the overlayed stats around in real time. Pokerace only has a 'layout manager' which is OK but not as good.

Oh yeah, and its free, unlike some other HUDs

fnord_too
07-08-2005, 08:55 AM
I am, too. It is great! Slick stuff, expecially the auto mucked cards as the other poster has pointed out.

jon462
07-08-2005, 09:45 AM
hey thanks, I just dl'd it and will try it out. It works in real time with sngs? How does that work, since I dont input the sngs into PT before empire emails them to me after the sng is over??

fnord_too
07-08-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey thanks, I just dl'd it and will try it out. It works in real time with sngs? How does that work, since I dont input the sngs into PT before empire emails them to me after the sng is over??

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to auto import for real time updates, prefably from your hard drive. (For PP and skins, which is where I play all my sng's now, I auto import and request hand histories, since I don't always finish first or second and close the table when I bust /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

jon462
07-08-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to auto import for real time updates, prefably from your hard drive. (For PP and skins, which is where I play all my sng's now, I auto import and request hand histories, since I don't always finish first or second and close the table when I bust /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

you just have PT open as you play and have the auto import running? i guess then pokerace wouldnt be instantaneous then right.. say you have PT importing every 1 minute it would take until that one minute hit to show up?

btw, i have been only requesting hand histories and havent missed any hands when i bust out early.. i play on empire and not eurobet tho.

mlagoo
07-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I've been trying to fire this up the last couple of nights (I have been really excited about it because it will allow me to 4-table on my lil old laptop), but I am technically inept. When I double click the table in the list to come up, to "add" the table, it doesn't overlay any information onto my table. I have PT started and auto-importing, but still no dice.

What gives? Anyone else have this problem when just starting to use it?

The once and future king
07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
You dont have to click anything the stats should come up automaticaly.

schwza
07-08-2005, 10:57 AM
this sounds awesome. why did i drop 50 bucks on playerview again?