PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hand

SGS
02-11-2003, 09:38 PM
I was in a good 4/8 game w/ K,2cc in LMP. I call behind 4 limpers. Button calls, blinds complete and call.

FLOP- K,J,7 (2 spades)

BB bets out, 3 callers to me, I call. 5 players

TURN- 5d (K,J,7)

Checked to me I bet and only the BB calls.

RIVER- Kh (5,K,J,7)

BB checks, I bet, BB folds. Comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SGS

travisand
02-11-2003, 09:55 PM
I would not have been in the hand in the first place with K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . But that is me and I am a tight player.

Clarkmeister
02-12-2003, 12:16 AM
I think you played it fine on every street. You should consider raising the flop, but calling is fine.

Your Mom
02-12-2003, 03:48 AM
With that many limpers, playing K2s is a good play. Your getting good enough odds on 1 small bet to see the flop. You just have to know when to let go of it if there is a lot of action and all you have is the kings with no kicker. S & M talk about playing Q2s in a family pot in late position- definitly worth a small bet. Well played.

Stu Pidasso
02-12-2003, 04:26 AM
With this many players in, there is a good chance one is on a flush/straight draw. There is also a good chance your behind to another King with a better kicker. A raise on the flop would not cause anyone to fold and actually makes money for the flush/straight draws and the king with a the better kicker.

I agree with most of the things you say Clarkmeister, but I can't see the value in (considering)raising here. I think your outdrawn/out kicked to often to make a raise profitable. If the pot were smaller I would consider folding.

Stu

Dynasty
02-12-2003, 05:09 AM
With a bet and 3 callers to him on the flop, I think he should consider folding before he considers raising. Without a backdoor flush draw, I probably would fold.