PDA

View Full Version : Calling w/KQ against all-in ITM

EasilyFound
07-08-2005, 07:27 AM
$11 SNG. Second hand of ITM play. Big stack has been very loose, calling all-ins throughout play with wide range of hands and built up chip lead by catching cards from behind. Button has not been too active during short handed play. Is this an auto call for me? Or not?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t835)
Hero (t1275)
BB (t5890)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t835 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">Hero ????</font>.

Final Pot: t1135

YourFoxyGrandma
07-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Calling here is probably only marginally +EV, though I probably call based on your read on the big stack. You're going to want as many chips as possible going against him if he's going to be calling you with all sorts of garbage.

junkmail3
07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Autopush. What are you waiting for? He'll be pushing with a wide range of hands, many that you beat. and if you lose, push the next hand and doulbe up, then push the next, double up again, and you're back to where you were.

Edit: I did in fact mean push.

citanul
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
this should be an instant all in, i think. i'm hoping that by "call" you mean "overpush" at least.

your opponent should be pushing almost every hand, which means that at the 11s, he'll be pushing a lot of hands, though probably not all of them. KQ is a good hand. playing for 2nd in certain spots is not necessarilly bad, but playing for second BY FOLDING IN SPOTS LIKE THESE is bad.

citanul

schwza
07-08-2005, 11:46 AM
i think there's an argument to made for calling instead of pushing, but folding is too tight. if you call, we're more likely to get the loose big stack involved (i think), and KQ is ahead of his range. also, if the button is going to beat hero, maybe the big stack can suck out and beat button too, giving us 2nd.

EasilyFound
07-08-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm hoping that by "call" you mean "overpush" at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Yes. I should have wrote push instead of call. Only thing is that villain has been playing very passive and tentative. Or at least had been up until this point, not playing like someone who is pushing any two or even a wide range of hands.