PDA

View Full Version : 50+5 party. Trips on the turn with bad kicker.

flytrap
07-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Early in the tourney, everyone is around t1000. I get jto in the bb. bb is t15. Folds to late position who call, sb completes, I check.
Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet 50, late position call, sb folds.
Pot is 145
Turn is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet 100, he goes all-in. Fold or call?

tshort
07-08-2005, 06:45 AM
I would throw something at the wall and then fold.

flytrap
07-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Anyone else? This seems to be a tough situation that comes up a lot in SNGs. In a MTT, this might be a fold, but I'm not sure in a SNG.

jimotto
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I call this. Alot of yokels are making this bet with a draw or air during the early rounds of the 50s. From what I've seen, your hand is good with this kind of bet at least 75% of the time.

adanthar
07-08-2005, 04:01 PM
I open check here almost 100% of the time.

citanul
07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else? This seems to be a tough situation that comes up a lot in SNGs. In a MTT, this might be a fold, but I'm not sure in a SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain why you think it might be a fold in one but not the other?

citanul

citanul
07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the flop, on the turn, or on the turn having bet the flop?

citanul

adanthar
07-08-2005, 04:10 PM
On the turn having bet the flop, my bad.

BTW, you'd better not let that green [censored] tone your posts down /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

citanul
07-08-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn having bet the flop, my bad.

BTW, you'd better not let that green [censored] tone your posts down /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that is my line as well.

my personality won't change at all, but hopefully this forum will change for the better, with me green.

citanul

Eihli
07-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Check with the intention of...?

schwza
07-08-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ew, really? i think villain's most likely hand when he calls the flop is some kind of draw, so why give it to him for free?

i think betting and folding to a push is best. (but i'd definitely throw something).

schwza
07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my understanding is that you have this backwards. doubling up early in a mtt is about equal to doubling your equity (or so i hear), where doubling up in a stt is not.

adanthar
07-08-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ew, really? i think villain's most likely hand when he calls the flop is some kind of draw, so why give it to him for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but you see, draws love betting this turn.

schwza
07-08-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but you see, draws love betting this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your plan is to c/r a-i? i'm skeptical that draws will usually bet here.

adanthar
07-08-2005, 06:23 PM
In my experience they'll bet here a lot (so will a complete bluff, for that matter) although that may not be true lower down. What I'll do depends on the bet size. I'm reasonably likely to check/call down or CR; it depends.

Two things that matter a fair bit are that a flush only has 7 outs and that your kicker is good enough so that there's some chance you're also beating a T.

flytrap
07-08-2005, 06:28 PM
There are a few reasons I think it might be a fold in a MTT, but it's more marginal in a SNG. IN a SNG, one double-up helps a lot, but in a MTT I don't want to gamble as much early. Also, the blinds go up much faster in SNGs, so you can't wait as long for a great situation, you need to gamble more.