PDA

View Full Version : Women and pay equity

rusty JEDI
07-08-2005, 06:17 AM
At the local school district where I live they found that on average men were getting paid more than women. Keep in mind though that in all cases where men and women held the same position they get paid the same for doing the same job.

In order to fix this great injustice they had a bunch of meetings. In these meetings they realised that the trades workers (carpenters, electricians, etc.) were almost all men and were getting on avg more than the women workers (secretaries). The solution of course was to give the secretaries a raise of about $5 per hour to get them up to trades wages.

I guess they dont take into consideration that trades workers go through a 4 year apprenticeship, while secretaries take a 3-6 month at the college course(but not a college level course). Not to mention the level of work put in each day.

You could probably replace and train a secretary in a week.

Brutal

rJ

Lawrence Ng
07-08-2005, 06:21 AM
And trades workers for the most part face more physically demanding and enduring jobs.

This sort of debate is probably the scheme of some politician who is trying to make head ground for him/herself as opposed to truly dealing with proper wage structures.

Lawrence

somethingstupid
07-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Boobs?

raisethatmofo
07-09-2005, 03:15 AM
That pisses me off. [censored] women

Monkeyslacks
07-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Stick it in her pooper!

fluorescenthippo
07-09-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That pisses me off. [censored] women

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]
07-09-2005, 11:39 AM
what is maddening is stuff like this doesn't even suprise me anymore.

Guy Incognito
07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when it comes to getting ahead in the corporate world, those are a bigger asset than anything a man has. I've seen it first-hand, unfortunately.