PDA

View Full Version : vaginitus?? you decide

oreogod
07-08-2005, 06:06 AM
More hands from the BR building project. The villian here is passive, plays a ton of hands.

Anyway, tell me what u think or what u would have done. Normally I three bet this turn.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Piiop
07-08-2005, 06:11 AM
I'd play it the same except I'd check call the river. What's the point of your bet there?

oreogod
07-08-2005, 06:15 AM
i think because its micros, I tend to throw weird bets out there. I think check/call is best, over calls and such, and if I really wanted to go crazy I should have CRed. Oh well...I played the river weird.

I just wanted to check and make sure I didnt pussy out somewhere in the hand.

benneh
07-08-2005, 06:17 AM
nh, though im probably 3 betting this turn more often than not, depending on reads and check/calling the river if he still shows agression, especially if this guy is passive.

the bet on the river is bad. you're either way behind or way ahead in this situation and in hands like this you want to see showdown fairly cheap despite having what appears to be a monster.

Piiop
07-08-2005, 06:19 AM
I don't think you pussed out.

What's the passive player going to have here after he raises the turn? I would estimate that having the SB still in would add some value to a turn 3-bet, but not enough to make up for the times you're behind.

oreogod
07-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Yeah if this player had even slightly aggressive stats, like 1.5ish and up...I three bet the turn easily. But with a ultra passive...Im not liking the turn action.