PDA

View Full Version : IE always opens on second monitor(the cheap one)

mattw
07-08-2005, 04:07 AM
I purchased a Samsung SyncMaster 213T the other day. (Yea, I know, Dell 2100fp is the way to go but I was in the store buying a new CPU; the old hard drive failed and there was one in stock. Had to have it NOW!)

Anyhoot, love the thing. But my IE always opens on the old monitor. I have looked at the display settings; the 213T is the primary monitor and the desktop is extended to the old monitor. I can drag any window except for IE windows back and forth between the two.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

TheTROLL
07-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Enjoy (http://www.firefox.com/)

mattw
07-08-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy (http://www.firefox.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, thanks, but theres got to be another way, eh?

tubalkain
07-08-2005, 08:08 AM
there may be, but trust me, you'll thank him. Firefox is teh good. No more websites installing [censored] you don't want, no more popups, no more ANYTHING that pisses you off really.

krimson
07-08-2005, 09:48 AM
AFAIK, IE will always open on the monitor that it was last on.

Try opening it, put the window on your samsung, make it fullscreen and close it.

Hopefully it will open on the right monitor now.

mattw
07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AFAIK, IE will always open on the monitor that it was last on.

Try opening it, put the window on your samsung, make it fullscreen and close it.

Hopefully it will open on the right monitor now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funny part. When it first opens, it goes to cheap monitor. I minimize it, it goes to good one. It wont allow me to move, etc while its minimized. Once its restored or maximized, elcheapo again. I cant drag it when its maxed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

krimson
07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Do you have UltraMon? I think there are some options to make things always open on a certain window (I can't remember for sure though).

TheTROLL
07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I cant drag it when its maxed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's normal, you can never drag a maximized window to another screen. Do you mean you can't drag it across the monitor break when it's *restored* (ie, taking up part but not all of el cheapo)?

Freakin
07-09-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have UltraMon? I think there are some options to make things always open on a certain window (I can't remember for sure though).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my suggestion. You should be able to specify all of this.

Freakin

mattw
07-10-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant drag it when its maxed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's normal, you can never drag a maximized window to another screen. Do you mean you can't drag it across the monitor break when it's *restored* (ie, taking up part but not all of el cheapo)?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks troll, that was the problem. jeez, im showing my puter illiteracy. i was away for a day and thought that when i get back, i will disconnect the cheapo, get IE to open on the 1600x1200, and then reconnect cheapo. someone said IE opens on the last monitor it was on.