PDA

View Full Version : My first trifecta!

bicyclekick
07-08-2005, 04:07 AM
I had essentially long given up on trying for a trifecta but tonight I finally pulled one off.

fullish 30/60 canterbury.

There was a raise and a couple callers and I called my Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the bb.

Flop K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, pfr checks, guy bets, folds to me I raise, pfr calls, guy calls.

Turn 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, pfr checks, guy bets, I raise, pfr thinks and folds, guy calls and says "I've never been tripple check raised before, you gonna c/r the river?" so when the dealer burns and turns up a 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif I "say sure, why not" and check, he bets, I raise and he calls.

bobdibble
07-08-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
turns up a 9 I "say sure, why not" and bets,

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to edit this to clarify the sequence. It would be soooo much sweeter if this dialog occured before he bet.

As for the hand, I understand the flop cr, but I don't understand the cr on the turn. It seems you are behind in the hand at this point and you don't have any outs to clean up. (And unlike the flop, you don't need to protect against overcard redraws.) Why make pfr call 2 cold on the turn? Did you think he was folding anyway?

bicyclekick
07-08-2005, 04:21 AM
On the turn c/r -no real reason, It just sounded fun. I could claim I was trying to free out my pair outs perhaps, or get my self more action perhaps if I hit, or maybe that'd he'd fold, because I was up over 100big bets at this point and getting some interesting respect, but it's probably more likely that I just felt like c/r again cause it sounded fun.

bobdibble
07-08-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because I was up over 100big bets at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

geeez dude.. do you *ever* run bad?

Being the luckbox that you are, I'm surpised you didn't manage to river the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and find the other guy holding the nut flush.

Nice run though. Congrats.

Do they play with red chips there in the 30/60? (they do here) If so, that must have been one big ass pyramid.

bicyclekick
07-08-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because I was up over 100big bets at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

geeez dude.. do you *ever* run bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still down over 30k in july. Oh, and did I mention the last 4 days in vegas I never won a session. Or that I was down over 300bb playing live this year before pulling out of it in may?

[ QUOTE ]

Being the luckbox that you are, I'm surpised you didn't manage to river the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and find the other guy holding the nut flush.

Nice run though. Congrats.

Do they play with red chips there in the 30/60? (they do here) If so, that must have been one big ass pyramid.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 10 dollar chips.

handsome
07-08-2005, 04:29 AM
Thought you were playing your 'A' game (frm your other thread) /images/graemlins/wink.gif 100 big bets wtf over how many hours?

bicyclekick
07-08-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thought you were playing your 'A' game (frm your other thread) /images/graemlins/wink.gif 100 big bets wtf over how many hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing my A game. I didn't say my A game was any good...I just said I was playing the best I could. I made the river call without hand-reading. It was one of those 'I'm an online player I don't fold hands like this on the river for one bet' calls and it was sloppy of me (ok ok so my A game is a little sloppy) but still I don't think it's all that horrible of a call. He could play 2 8's like that no?

13 hours. 116 bets.

Oh and at the end I was kinda deteriorating to B+ game. Not playing too many hands(hey i folded KJ to a drunk andy fox open raise from middle), just getting a little bit looser post-flop.

[censored] I was talking about the other hand regaurding the 2 8's.

Mikey
07-08-2005, 04:55 AM
of course he knew it was behind, but there is nothing sweeter than knowing that he's gonna get there. Its this type of positive attitude that you need sometimes.

Nice hand.

SA125
07-08-2005, 08:54 AM
I wish I could run half as good as you for half as long. C/R'ing that turn with a bunch of outs and hitting the nuts. Nice.

arod15
07-08-2005, 11:17 AM
What the guy show.....

PokerBob
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
This turn play sucks IMO. You have 15 outs, which gives you about 1/3 equity. I want the pfr to call here.

SmileyEH
07-08-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This turn play sucks IMO. You have 15 outs, which gives you about 1/3 equity. I want the pfr to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trifecta >>> +EV

-SmileyEH

Schneids
07-08-2005, 01:37 PM
A real trifecta is when you are winning on every street. Try again.

gonores
07-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Does this count? I played this about a week ago, and its my first trifecta I felt I played correctly.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8d Kd (flush, ace high).
UTG has Qs Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>

bobdibble
07-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Nice hand.

mike l.
07-08-2005, 03:55 PM
what's with the spew turn c/r? yuck.

MrStretchie
07-08-2005, 04:10 PM
That's awesome. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bicyclekick
07-08-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's with the spew turn c/r? yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I explained it above.

PokerBob
07-08-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this....

it's probably more likely that I just felt like c/r again cause it sounded fun.

Now I /images/graemlins/heart.gif the turn c/r, as often at CP I enjoy saying, "Let's raise this one up one time just for fun" especially when I have the table under my control. It mortifies them yet endears me to them. I am the master of all I survey. Sometimes.