PDA

View Full Version : The Dawn of my 8-tabling career (nc)

runner4life7
07-08-2005, 03:13 AM
Tomorrow my second LCD will be arriving with me waiting by the door all day so I dont miss it. I will be 8 tabling the 22s all weekend and moving up to the 33s once I get comfortable with 8 tabling. Any tips from the veterans about any troubles at first 8 tabling? I think it shouldnt be too rough but I cant be sure.

Also wanted to thank the forum because I am sure that I would not have gotten to this point thie quickly or ever without 2+2. My names are AteTables and EatingTables, so if you see me say hi or "browntrout", or better yet stay off my tables. Thats enough rambling for now...trying to kill time...

jon462
07-08-2005, 03:59 AM
congrats and gl.. im jealous, heh. I cant even fit 4 on my one monitor without overlapping the corners.. im gonna move up to 6 soon and just deal with not being able to see 2.. im at least 4-6 months away from being able to afford new monitors..

ZBTHorton
07-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Couple of comments.

Look out for BANDC7 and supbro15tckl. :-)

Secondly, work your way up to 8 tables. When I got my second one I thought it would be a cinch, it definitely takes some getting used to.

The4Aces
07-08-2005, 04:19 AM
i used to 4 table the 50s... Got a 2nd monitor and tried to 8 tables the 30s... lost aorund 900 bucks and went back to 4 tabling the 50s. I will probably try just adding one table at a time until i can get confortable with 8 tabling.

Bonafone
07-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Hey, i just got my second monitor a few weeks ago, dropped all the way down to the 11's and started 8 tabling with great success, moved to the 20's with great success within 50 games. Then the 30's came, ran real hot the first 75 and hit a horrible streak due to poor decisions sometimes feeling a little rushed and lacking solid reads. Then I actually moved back up to the 50's 6 tabling, I feel very comfortable and will try 8 tabling after 1000 games or so. I would recomend staying at the level you are currently playing at 6 tables, once you feel really comfortable then move ahead to 8.

Vetstadium
07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Wow a lot of new 8 tablers around including myself a week or so. I jumped right into the 8's do feel rushed at times and find myself pushing sometimes more then I normally would. Too early to tell with only 150 games or so played. One thing for sure though I can no longer surf the web while playing. When I was 4 tabling could very easily be reading this site, cooking dinner, watching tv etc. I also have noticed getting sucked out on more but that is obvious to see when seeing twice as many games. Good luck.

wildzer0
07-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Congrats! 8-tabling takes some getting used to, but it's well worth it when you do. I think the biggest asset is tilt relief. As someone who has some problems with tilt (i'm working on them) 8 tabling is great because I don't have time to be results oriented. I can make the right move, and usually don't see the results until I come back to the table. It's always a little weird to get all in with pocket aces, come back and realize I'm out, but not knowing exactly what happened until I review later saves me a lot of headaches /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bluff Daddy
07-08-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
congrats and gl.. im jealous, heh. I cant even fit 4 on my one monitor without overlapping the corners.. im gonna move up to 6 soon and just deal with not being able to see 2.. im at least 4-6 months away from being able to afford new monitors..

[/ QUOTE ]

you should at least get a 19 in crt that would drive me insane

Vetstadium
07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Another note sometimes I don't even know if I am ahead for the day til I am done. As one poster posted it is weird going all in then not even knowing if you were knocked out til min later.

citanul
07-08-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it is weird going all in then not even knowing if you were knocked out til min later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally hate that feeling. Amongst other things, not watching the end of things means that you miss out on what people are calling with. Sometimes players you play with often make odd calls, and it's good to be able to get notes on such situations.

Honestly, the amount of time it takes to just watch the end of one hand play out all in isn't going to do time you out on any other tables, or if does, it's just one click to make sure that doesn't happen.

I find knowing what I'm called by whether I bust or double up to be more valuable than the extra 1 second I would have to look at another 85o to fold on another table.

citanul

runner4life7
07-09-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the support, first day went alright, 72 played roi - 11.1% and my eyes burn, tomorrow shooting for 100, I wont post more results till like 1000 when they might mean something.