PDA

View Full Version : Taking bets on the sex of the new Dalibaby

Daliman
07-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Ok, I wanna run a pool on the sex of the new Dalibaby. We find out July 20, and I'm wondering what the best way to handle it would be. A Calcutta? A straight money line? I'm not planning on entering it myself if we get one going, but I will book the bets if it helps things out. Anyways, here's what we know right now.

154 BPM heart rate last visit:( Dalibaby 1 was in the 170's, and a boy) lower rates usually found in girls-old wives tale

Daliwoman is carrying this baby "out-front" more than the other baby: Also old wives tale leaning towards female.

Daliwoman has had lots of nausea; lots more than with Dalibaby v1.0: Also OWT meaning girl, theory being too much estrogen in body(Woman and baby's).

Daliwoman is POSITIVE this is going to be a girl: Indicative that it will be a boy, as per V1.0.

Daliwoman wants a girl so then "she's done": Guarantees she will have a boy.( I didn't realize we were looking for a matched pair./images/graemlins/confused.gif)

Daliman wants a boy because he is already familiar with the plumbing and doesn't wanna have to worry about when his little girl grows boobies: Guarantees a girl.

There you have it. Leading BS indicators are 5-1 an favor of a girl. I only wish there was some kinda groinacologist around to decipher all this crap.

suited_ace
07-08-2005, 03:04 AM
Congrats, man. Enjoy it.

lastchance
07-08-2005, 03:08 AM
There are slightly more males born than females.

And good luck, dude.

Daliman
07-08-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And good luck, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I always thought it was other way around.

SuitedSixes
07-08-2005, 03:39 AM
Start a pool where there are two or more factors to consider, like sex and weight, or sex and due date so there are multiple possibilities.

FWIW, with girls you don't have the spray factor when changing boys. The diapers are messier, however, because there is not the natural barrier to keep the gravy from sliding fore and aft.

jon462
07-08-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And good luck, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I always thought it was other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is, unless you live in China..

Congrats, btw.

microbet
07-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Since 1940 an average of 91,685 more males have been born each year in the US than females.

I don't have any data on this, but I would bet there is a slight tendency for a given couple to have children of one sex over the other.

microbet
07-08-2005, 04:16 AM
It's not just a lack of natural barrier that is the problem. When the gravy is more fluid it.... well.... I guess I can't finish this sentence.

bones
07-08-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since 1940 an average of 91,685 more males have been born each year in the US than females.

I don't have any data on this, but I would bet there is a slight tendency for a given couple to have children of one sex over the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine this would set the line at about: girl +101.

jcm4ccc
07-08-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were wrong, so I did a search of the Internet and found this:

[ QUOTE ]

More boys than girls born in the United States

WEDNESDAY, June 15 (HealthDayNews) — For the 63rd year in a row, the number of boys born in the United States outnumbered births of girls, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.

In 2002, the most recent year for which statistics are available, 94,232 more boys were born than girls. Since 1940, an average of 91,685 more boys have been born each year, the agency said. That amounts to a total of 5,776,130 more male babies than females over the 63-year period.

The agency said the more children a woman has, the more likely she is to give birth to an equal number of boys and girls.

Chinese and Filipino mothers were most likely to give birth to more boys than girls, while non-Hispanic black and American-Indian mothers were most likely to have an equal number of infants of both sexes, the CDC said.

-- HealthDayNews

[/ QUOTE ]

I only cut and pasted this because of the third paragraph, which I thought was pretty funny.

skipperbob
07-08-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There you have it. Leading BS indicators are 5-1 an favor of a girl. I only wish there was some kinda groinacologist around to decipher all this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have one of these, Don't we /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, with girls you don't have the spray factor when changing boys. The diapers are messier, however, because there is not the natural barrier to keep the gravy from sliding fore and aft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waymore than I needed to know on the subject /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jon462
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I stand corrected..

I know what I was thinking, though. There are more females per capita than males in the U.S. I guess thats because they have a longer life expectancy..

Dr_Jeckyl_00
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Congrats on the new baby. I hope you have a boy too. I have a boy and girl and so far my son seems easier. Girls talk a lot (their entire lives...) and when they start dating... losers... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif If you were a gentleman growing up you'll have a boy, if you were a player you'll have a girl (nature's way of paying you back) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maulik
07-08-2005, 10:50 AM
we know when there are more men then women wars are more likely to occur. i wonder why/what causes a larger # of men being born since 1940, perhaps this is statistically insigificant or a natural explanation of evolution as women live longer.

congrats on the baby, i'll take 4.5:1 on it being a boy /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scuba Chuck
07-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Scuba Mama and I just delivered our second son 18 days ago (Dylan Maverick). Anyway, to help the cause (and hope) that you have a second son, here's an update on the OWTs.

OWT - heartbeat of second son was ~ 155, first was ~ 170.

OWT - Scuba Mama was significantly more sick second time around, so much so they prescribed nauseau medication that they give cancer patients.

OWT - baby rode higher on pregnant mamma - girl sign, but not true obviously.

OWT - I did this only to satisfy a much older client that I have. She insisted that if I dangle a necklace over mama's pregnant tummy that if it swung back and forth, it was a boy, but if it swung around in a circle, it's a girl (where do they get this stuff?). Anyway, circle swing.

The not so good news. Scuba Mama wanted a boy second time around. Really wanted a girl the first.

Stereotypes are there for a reason, but bs indicators and OWTs are just that.

Scuba

SlackerMcFly
07-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Gongrats on the upgrade, Dali!

I have to agree with Sixes that there needs to be at least one other variable (length of e-penis comes to mind as an option). Time of arrival, gyno's name, nurse's bra size... Creativity is the key here.

FWIW, I thank the lucky stars each and every day that I have a son. Being a former um.... scuzzbag (way back when), it is doubtful I could handle the teen years of the female organism.

I'll take $5.00 on 2:1 odds that it's a boy AND is 19" or longer (overall length - not equipment). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slacker

SuitedSixes
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have one of these, Don't we /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Waymore than I needed to know on the subject /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody learned how to double-quote! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

What's next? Setting the clock on your VCR so it doesn't blink 12:00 all day long?

SuitedSixes
07-08-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take $5.00 on 2:1 odds that it's a boy AND is 19" or longer (overall length - not equipment).

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to revise your length guess. I doubt that the baby will be born taller than her father.

SlackerMcFly
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'll take $5.00 on 2:1 odds that it's a boy AND is 19" or longer (overall length - not equipment).
------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to revise your length guess. I doubt that the baby will be born taller than her father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! You are right. Gotta get 55:1 odds......

Daliman
07-08-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on the new baby. I hope you have a boy too. I have a boy and girl and so far my son seems easier. Girls talk a lot (their entire lives...) and when they start dating... losers... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif If you were a gentleman growing up you'll have a boy, if you were a player you'll have a girl (nature's way of paying you back) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I was a nerd?

Daliman
07-08-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

skipperbob
07-08-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful; I devote untold hours to things like "interregnum" and 66's gleefully tosses off the best bon mot of the month /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

johnnybeef
07-08-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful; I devote untold hours to things like "interregnum" and 66's gleefully tosses off the best bon mot of the month /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok skip, if anything, now you know how Dennis Miller feels.

raptor517
07-08-2005, 09:26 PM
daliman is kinda girly, so he prolly gave daliwoman the girly sperm this time around. holla

skipperbob
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
daliman is kinda girly, so he prolly gave daliwoman the girly sperm this time around. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla This Byatch...Does "girl" sperm taste different than "boy" sperm? /images/graemlins/confused.gif