PDA

View Full Version : KK against a really scary board

diablo312
07-08-2005, 02:21 AM
I just sat down at this table. No stats or read on any players. The board is really scary, but everyone checks to me. Was I right in betting the flop? Should I have bet the turn? Do I call the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

blatz
07-08-2005, 03:01 AM
I bet the flop every time. Occasionally you will take it down, especially when the board is that drawless, and if you are ahead, you don't want anyone to see a free card. Easy fold to a checkraise.

On the turn, you are either way ahead or more likely have only two outs. You're going to have to pay a bet to get to showdown either way, so I'd bet here, hope for folds, and take my free showdown. Again I'd be folding to a checkraise.

Yeah, stinky river...8:1, I'm gritting my teeth and calling knowing I'll lose, but only because the three things I like best in life are gritting my teeth, calling and knowing I lose.

cold_cash
07-08-2005, 03:04 AM
I think it's fine.

The turn check seems okay because you're going to be check-raised there about 100% of the time when you're beaten by a Queen, and called down by any Ace.

Free cards also aren't much of a problem, since you have two gut-shot blockers.

mscags
07-08-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeah I like your line better because it almost guarantees a showdown which I think you need to see

StacysMom
07-08-2005, 04:23 AM
standard

Webster
07-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Thats how I would play it. SOMEBODY has the Ace and is scared about a straight or something. I would have bet the turn but the freaking Q hits and personally I think many people do not respect a paired board enough.

So NOW you have any Ace beats you and any Q beats you and you have to wonder why people re sticking around.

THEN - the 2 hits and some bozo with bottom pair can now beat you - LOL - you are screwed but you have to call the river.

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)