PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling fans and former fans only.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 01:53 AM
wrestling sucks right now. fix it.

post your solutions below.

FrankTheTank
07-08-2005, 02:03 AM
make every single match the royal rumble. done.

tdarko
07-08-2005, 02:05 AM
the draft sucked now i have to watch smackdown b/c the good wrestlers are there now

IronDragon1
07-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Multiple, competitive federations.

Bring back hardcore.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:09 AM
stop all the run ins after basically every match.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Bring back the Ultimate Warrior.

vulturesrow
07-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Eliminate marriage story lines. I also heartily agree with eliminating the seemingly endless succession of run ins.

Hopefully another federation in the mold of the ECW will rise to the top. I have a feeling that a federation like this would attract a lot of us who used to be big wrestling fans but are unimpressed at best with the current wrestlecrap being perpetrated on us. But I have no idea how to make this happed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Wanna start up an OOT Wrestling Federation with me? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to assume for your sake that this is a joke.

siccjay
07-08-2005, 02:32 AM
The draft [censored] sucks.

To make Wrestling better you need TNA to be better funded so it can actually compete with WWE.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Eliminate marriage story lines

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the entire love story/triagle gambit has run its course and should be put on ice for the 25 years.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:35 AM
never again should a ref be bumped into and be "knocked out"

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the draft sucked now i have to watch smackdown b/c the good wrestlers are there now

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. The draft was perfectly executed until they took Christian. I was content to never watch SD again.

I don't think it sucks. Had you posed this in January I would have agreed, but it's certainly better now than it has been at any point in the past few years.

tdarko
07-08-2005, 02:38 AM
we need a mulitple personality guy like cactus jack, bang bang was the greatest...nobody bled like that bastard.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

To make Wrestling better you need TNA to be better funded so it can actually compete with WWE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm watching their latest on real player right now. They seem to have gone on long in cleaning up some of their suckiness by getting rid of that fast ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Dusty Rhodes and putting the belt on Raven (only 2 years to late). Although I am still hearing that dumb ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Don West so they still have a ways to go.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-08-2005, 02:40 AM
No joke.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/ppv/wm06/hoganvswarrior.jpg

My favorite match of all time.

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow those two did manage to have a great match. But seriously, Warrior is insane.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you are the reason wrestling sucks in the first place.

KDawgCometh
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like TNA is gonna go with Spike when the WWF(sorry, will never call it WWE) goes back to USA. Everyone here owes it to themselves to check out Ring Of Honor, it maybe a bit too indy at times, but those guys go out there and bust their asses. Also who watches Japanese Puro, I'd love to see NOAH and All Japan reunite since Mrs. Baba has no involvement anymore with AJPW

Non_Comformist
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow those two did manage to have a great match. But seriously, Warrior is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also he sucks. Anyone see his last run in WCW?

imported_CaseClosed326
07-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I was at the monday nitro when he came back. It was sweet.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was kind of cool that first night. Then we all realized that he sucks, he's always sucked, and he had since lost his mind.

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

do yourself a big favor and get the Ric Flair DVD and watch the 2/3 falls steamboat match from Clash6. The entire trilogy from 89 is some of the best american wrestling ever. You also need to check out the Magnum TA/ TUlly BLanchard I quit match. Once you check those matches out, you will never want to watch a Hogan match ever again. Oh, if you think the WMVI was good between those two then you really need to check out some Japanese Puro matches, makes those two dolts look like rookies

tinga81
07-08-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one? I heard rumors that a few (up to 10? played him).

The Hogan vs Warrior match was definately a favorite of mine too. Ohh, the good old days.

I tried watching the 'new era' of Wrestling, and I don't care to follow it. Maybe something will happen in the next few years to bring some integrity back to the sport.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

do yourself a big favor and get the Ric Flair DVD and watch the 2/3 falls steamboat match from Clash6. The entire trilogy from 89 is some of the best american wrestling ever. You also need to check out the Magnum TA/ TUlly BLanchard I quit match. Once you check those matches out, you will never want to watch a Hogan match ever again. Oh, if you think the WMVI was good between those two then you really need to check out some Japanese Puro matches, makes those two dolts look like rookies

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he wants the Ultimate freaking Warrior to come back! There is no way could ever appreciate any of that.

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe something will happen in the next few years to bring some integrity back to the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaha
Shoot fights!

Non_Comformist
[ QUOTE ]
bring some integrity back to the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get carried away bro.

shadow29
Who would you challenge to a nightstick on a pole match?

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nightstick on a pole match

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes get rid of that crap and other similar crap as well. Thanks for reminding me.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-08-2005, 02:57 AM
I don't know I haven't watched wrestlingin a while. (not since Triple H simulated sex with a dead corpse) I don't feel much like getting back into it.

I guess I was the only Ultimate Warrior fan.

tinga81
07-08-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bring some integrity back to the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get carried away bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 03:00 AM
I assume you prefer solid in-ring action over the entertainment aspects. Can I inquire about a time and place when you really liked the product?

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:00 AM
yeah, wayyyy too many gimmick matches. also, vince needs to stop it with the stupid triple threat match, three way dance baby

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:01 AM
one could wish that a ultimate idiot fan could be transformed into a Kenta Kobashi fan /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Non_Comformist
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm watching their latest on real player right now. They seem to have gone on long in cleaning up some of their suckiness by getting rid of that fast ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Dusty Rhodes and putting the belt on Raven (only 2 years to late). Although I am still hearing that dumb ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Don West so they still have a ways to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooohhhh they added Terry Taylor this could be promising. He's a great booker.

Soul Daddy
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I haven't watched wrestlingin a while. (not since Triple H simulated sex with a dead corpse)

[/ QUOTE ]
This truly was the worst moment ever. Even worse than the Bossman HIAC matches. It's taken them a long time to recover from dumb [censored] like that.

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:02 AM
And it looks like Samoa Joe is gonna get a big push. for those of you who haven't seen Joe, he is damn good

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:07 AM
I am a big fan of 90s AJPW. I've always been a big fan. WHen I was a kid in chicago I was a bigger fan of crockett wrestling than Vince style wrestling. To me Flair was the be all end all. I never like Hogan. Flair just seemed cool and, to me, was larger than life. I stopped watching a little after Vader got depushed in WCW(late 93) but started watching again after Bash at the Beach 96, and really got back in 97. WWF was good wrestling in 97 and so was WCW, unfortunetly 98 arrived and the entertainment aspect really took over. I have always preferred in ring guys and always will. I think that's why I took to Japan Puro the way I did

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you prefer solid in-ring action over the entertainment aspects. Can I inquire about a time and place when you really liked the product?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I demand both. I want a good in ring match accentuated with a good out of ring story.

I'm not sure. I liked what they did with Brock Lesnar when he first showed up as an example.

I would in general say that unless the WWE is moving to HBO the sex & wrestling has played it self out.

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:08 AM
We need more clean matches. in fact, I'd like to see nothing but clean finishes for 6 months in the WWF and I can garuntee you that the non smart fans wouldn't even notice and would enjoy the product just as much

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We need more clean matches. in fact, I'd like to see nothing but clean finishes for 6 months in the WWF and I can garuntee you that the non smart fans wouldn't even notice and would enjoy the product just as much

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the WWF needs to pretend that wrestling is real. In real sports when athletes break the rules they are punished, usually with a suspension. this is what should "happen" thus when someone runs ins or whatever it would mean much more.

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I demand both. I want a good in ring match accentuated with a good out of ring story.

I'm not sure. I liked what they did with Brock Lesnar when he first showed up as an example.

I would in general say that unless the WWE is moving to HBO the sex & wrestling has played it self out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd agree that the sex stuff is past its prime. I like having some hot chicks on the show, but give them something to do or just ditch them.

I am optimistic because Michaels as a heel has so much potential. His DX character might be my favorite ever.

And Lesnar coming back has me excited. He's a shmuck, but he makes me want to watch.

Edit: That Hassan angle tonight was completely tasteless.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 03:13 AM
Also move to a "stiff" style in line which what Japan was putting out about 10 years ago.

Also every wrestler cannot be "top teir" there needs to be jobbers who loose cleanly, every league has [censored] teams this is how you know who is good. and this allows some matches to be more important than others.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 03:16 AM
Also move to 3 weight classes in line with what goes on in boxing. light weight (rey mysterio etc) middle weight (christian, y2j etc) and heavy weight. Populate each class equally. Wrestlers should compete only in their weight class 99& of the time but they can also move up over time as do many boxers.

doing this would probably mean dropping the secondary titles.

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Japan has always been stiff, but I know what you are saying. I actually think if you gave RIki Chushu some time to get familiar with the american landscape that he'd be able to book the sh<font color="red"></font>it out of a promotion. He is responsible for 5 of the top ten drawing shows of all time

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Just give the book to Heyman, let him keep it, and keep him as far away from HHH-Steph as possible. That would do wonders.

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 03:26 AM
in total agreence. the only reason ECW died was becasue Paul also had the account book. I just wonder what would've happened if ecw had lived for another 9 months, just think of all of the talent that would've been in there

mmbt0ne
07-08-2005, 03:27 AM
Make Vince McMahon un-XFL all his ideas.

BTW, do you just change names on a whim?

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about wrestlers or companies?

mmbt0ne
07-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Non_[censored]

Soul Daddy
07-08-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Non_[censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah. I don't even notice that.
Unless he posts twice in a row and says, "I agree with [censored]."

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make Vince McMahon un-XFL all his ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why I switch.

mmbt0ne
07-08-2005, 03:44 AM
I bet he votes twice in Ms OOT too.

nothumb
07-08-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wrestling sucks right now. fix it.

post your solutions below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm,

1. Pick up your remote
2. Change the channel to a program designed for adults with fully functioning brains

Or else pick up a book as legitimate options for step 2 are dwindling.

NT

liquidboss
07-08-2005, 03:55 AM
They needs this guy:

http://dailytitan.fullerton.edu/issues/fall_00/photos_news/12_08_austin.jpg

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They needs this guy:

http://dailytitan.fullerton.edu/issues/fall_00/photos_news/12_08_austin.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

If by need, you mean need to let ride off into the sunset then yes you are absolutely right.

KDawgCometh
07-08-2005, 06:10 PM
pre-pile driven austin, amazing, post-pile driven austin- pretty damn good. His in ring work suffered a lot after the botched pile driver from Owen Hart. He picked it up again in 2001 with his WM17 match against Rock and his matches against Benoit and Angle, but he was one of the best in-ring workers around before that pile driver gone wrong. Just watch how good of a match that he got out of UT at IYH:Cold Day In Hell(the vader/shamrock match was awesome on that PPV too) or his KOtR match against Micheals just a month later, not to mention all of the great work he did in ECW and WCW

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pre-pile driven austin, amazing, post-pile driven austin- pretty damn good. His in ring work suffered a lot after the botched pile driver from Owen Hart. He picked it up again in 2001 with his WM17 match against Rock and his matches against Benoit and Angle, but he was one of the best in-ring workers around before that pile driver gone wrong. Just watch how good of a match that he got out of UT at IYH:Cold Day In Hell(the vader/shamrock match was awesome on that PPV too) or his KOtR match against Micheals just a month later, not to mention all of the great work he did in ECW and WCW

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am not disputing his greatness and I would love to see him replace The King as RAW's color man but the current SCSA is not a solution to any problems and I would prefer to the WWF just move on with what they have.

Non_Comformist
07-08-2005, 06:19 PM
http://pageperso.aol.fr/hardytajiri/images/brock%20lesnar%20(1).jpg

this may help

Reef
07-08-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

picture quoted for awesomeness..

btw, roids will do that to you

MikeL05
07-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I have two major points.

1) Regarding the Ultimate Warrior... he was one of the most wrestling-incompetent wrestlers ever. His mic sessions were mind-numbing. And, in real life, he is a true lunatic. Fine.

That said, he was an absolute freak who could do things that no one else did - IE in his prime, gorilla pressing guys and actually throwing them, instead of letting them drop over his head. Also... this guy absolutely BROUGHT IT every time he came into the ring. I understand it was sort of his character's nature to do so... but there are few wrestlers that I've ever seen who absolutely refused to take a night off and half-ass it.

2) HOW TO FIX IT: I noticed a few years ago two trends in wrestling, both of which suck. #1, they have stopped giving people gimmick names and gimmicks as a whole. Now everyone is "John Smith" or whatever. I can't tell the damn guys apart, and I have no interest in watching them because they're all the same to me. #2, sort of in the same line as the previous, they are tending to take some of the more humorous characters and make them a lot more "serious". Remember when Edge and Christian used to be funny? Good god they were hilarious. Then they split up, and became angry super-serious guys. And wouldn't you know it, they're not good enough in the ring to stand out anymore.

Actually now that I write this, I do agree with the idea too that clean matches should be strived for more. Back in the day, it was absolutely no big deal if someone lost the Saturday afternoon main event. I didn't think less of Earthquake if he lost to Ultimate Warrior on a weekly show... I still knew anything could happen that next PPV or that next week for that matter.

But the personality/gimmick thing is, to me, the big issue. Someone like the Million Dollar Man would be great now... great gimmick, pretty funny in an evil sort of way... and yet he pisses you off a bit too and you kind of f'ing hate him. Or how about Jake the Snake and the Undertaker (ca 1992)... those guys defined ring psychology, and had distinct personalities. Now every damn wrestler is just some random angry muscle guy, as far as I'm concerned. They're no different than the ass clowns I see at the gym every day.

07-22-2005, 04:37 AM
It seriously does. There's all these unknowns running around like they own the ring now or something. Whatever happened to D-Low Brown and De-generation X!?

JasonM
07-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Bring back DX

Jules22
07-22-2005, 04:53 AM
i havent watched wrestling since i was 12 or 13, but from what i remember it seemed like it was at its best when the nwo storyline was really going in wcw, and at the same time the stone cold vs vince saga was in full swing and degeneration x was getting going. seems like its all been downhill since then

ryanghall
07-22-2005, 05:22 AM
Simple... do more with the ECW 'brand'... while you still can. They're not getting any younger.

Everyone I talked to thoroughly enjoyed that PPV and then the next night it was forgotten.

Have a show that comes on, say, once every 2 weeks for an hour or two even on like a Saturday night at 11pm or midnight and have it ECW.

You can't tell me that wouldn't be interesting.

correia
07-22-2005, 10:30 AM
http://www.thewrestlingview.com/hacksaw1.jpg

DMBFan23
07-22-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i havent watched wrestling since i was 12 or 13, but from what i remember it seemed like it was at its best when the nwo storyline was really going in wcw, and at the same time the stone cold vs vince saga was in full swing and degeneration x was getting going. seems like its all been downhill since then

[/ QUOTE ]

nWo red with Kevin Nash and Sting in WCW, and then in WWF you had DX, Stone Cold and the Rock...those were the best days of wrestling IMO

SCfuji
07-22-2005, 10:56 AM
why the FU.CK hasnt anybody mentioned the ROCK yet? the rock would single handedly make me watch every effing episode of wrestling that aired.

NutzyClutz
07-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Wagering! or

Retro league. Sorta like the new Gilligan's Island.
Get new wrestlers to fill the rolls of The Samoan, Andre the Giant, dBob Backland, Chief Jay Strong Bow, Greg Valentine, Iron Shiek, Animal. (and their managers)

CollinEstes
07-22-2005, 05:01 PM
How about a time machine. So I am go back to when I where were kids. That would make it cool again.

That and the return of the Ultimate Warrior of course.

Golden_Rhino
07-22-2005, 05:23 PM
1. More guys in capes (ie. superstar billy graham or jesse ventura)

2. bring back Canadas greatest athlete "Iron" Mike Sharp

3. Get real managers (ie Classy Freddy Blassie or Jimmy Hart), not blonde bimbos. The bimbos can be there, just not managing.

4. Get more real tag teams (ie. hart foundation and killer bees), not two guys who happen to hate two other guys.

5. Someone has to start using the DDT as a finishing move.

chaas4747
07-22-2005, 05:33 PM
The tag team thing is a problem. Remember when there were guys that were tag team wrestlers and that was it. The four horsemen (change a few times), but they were Ric Flair (solo), Tully Blanchard (solo) or Lex Luther (solo), and the Anderson's (tag team only). That was when it was cool. Let's go back to that.

coffeecrazy1
07-22-2005, 06:08 PM
1)Eliminate any girl-on-girl, woman-based sideshows. The Diva Search is a giant, soul-sucking hole of suckitude. I don't mind the women wrestling, however, as long as it is on par with the Trish Stratus/Molly Holly/Lita group.

2)Push wrestlers who are legitimately over with the fans, instead of the ones that Vince likes.

3)I love Triple H. He's probably my favorite wrestler. However, remove him from creative control of RAW...it is unacceptable for him to have 20 successful title defenses.

4)Shake up the storylines a bit and give people something to get behind. Build major heels and major faces back into the business. Honestly, wrestling has been pretty good for the last few months due to the Triple H/Bautista feud(which I think should have been less one-sided in favor of Bautista for storyline purposes). Bautista is probably the first legitimate monster face in the business for a while(no...Cena's not there yet).

5)I appreciate the intentions behind the draft lottery...truly, I do...but I think it has caused more problems than it has solved. I would much prefer to see promotion from within.

6)For God's sake, stop the trashy, knee-jerk storylines. The Muhammad Hassan gimmick is lame and in poor taste. The Edge/Lita cheating on Kane angle is pointless and Springer-like.

7)As strange of a statement as this is, wrestling should not always cater to the lowest possible denominator to have long-term success. Wrestling is male soap-opera, nothing more. What I miss is the drama of the moments, where the tension truly was palpable. True, Stone Cold and The Rock are one of a kind, but honestly, I remember when Shawn Michaels calling himself "The Showstopper" was not just a gimmick...he really could electrify an arena. Bring back the large-scale epic nature...it's too much like guys fake-hitting each other now.

mblax10
07-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Not enough guys who know how to wrestle. Too many athletic weightlifters.

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman, Rick Rude, Ricky Morton, Ted Dibiasie, Terry Taylor, Bobby Eaton.

These guys weren't big, but they knew how to work a match. None of them would have any chance of making it in wrestling today.

4thstreetpete
07-22-2005, 08:54 PM
I think wrestling will get very interesting soon enough. TNA has just signed a deal with Spike TV which can only be good news for wrestling fans. I strongly urge everyone who hasn't seen TNA to give it a chance. The product is spectacular. How could you not like a fed with workers like AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, Petey Williams, etc?

There's also rumblings of Ted Turner starting up another wrestling promotion. I know there's talks almost every month about this but this time it seems to be a little more legit.

The ONLY way wrestling can be fixed right now is if WWE fire their current crop of writers and remove HHH and Stephanie's influence on TV. Add some competition and things will be back to the way it was.

TNA getting a TV deal is a step in the right direction. Things can only go up from here.

[censored]
07-22-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think wrestling will get very interesting soon enough. TNA has just signed a deal with Spike TV which can only be good news for wrestling fans. I strongly urge everyone who hasn't seen TNA to give it a chance. The product is spectacular. How could you not like a fed with workers like AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, Petey Williams, etc?

There's also rumblings of Ted Turner starting up another wrestling promotion. I know there's talks almost every month about this but this time it seems to be a little more legit.

The ONLY way wrestling can be fixed right now is if WWE fire their current crop of writers and remove HHH and Stephanie's influence on TV. Add some competition and things will be back to the way it was.

TNA getting a TV deal is a step in the right direction. Things can only go up from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did TNA sign and when does it start?

KDawgCometh
07-22-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when did TNA sign and when does it start?

[/ QUOTE ]

TNA just signed this past week, it is a done deal. It will start up when teh WWE's deal with Spike is done and TNA will take Velocity's time slot. It also looks like they are giving Samoa Joe the start of a real big push, and that can be nothing but good for TNA as he is one of the most talented wrestlers I have seen in a long time(and I'm not exactly the biggest Indy mark either).

I think that TNA needs to bring back a lighter form of the territory system. Use ROH in the Northeast, MCW(out of chicago) in the midwest, WIldside for the southeast, and Pro Wrestling Guerilla for Cali. Contract hte main TNA roster out to these feds and work it so that TNA's wrestlers are working every weekend. If they can get more time slots on Spike then they could use one time slot for a roundup of the territories each week and show matches from them, this way they can also have a constant influx of new talent too. TNA also needs to focus on getting pentration going in Britian as wreslting is hot there again and I know that FWA has been getting better and better attendance over the past few years, not to mention that Wrestling is extremely hot in Italy, which can be another good place to make money. If a wrestling compay is creative enough they can make lots of $$$

Hamish McBagpipe
07-22-2005, 09:15 PM
I agree with Golden Rhino, bring back this guy.....

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/m/mikesharpe/01.jpg

As Canada's greatest athlete his trademark soundeffect is approximated as a "DDrrrroooooooooffffffff!!!!"

Also, when I was a kid my Dad took me to see Calgary Stampede Wrestling back in like '82. Lot of big name wrestlers came out of there but I'll never forget Bad News Allen when he came to the arena. I think he was the first black guy I had ever seen and he goes, "Listen up all you beer-belly sharecroppers out there!" Bring him back.

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesC/cubanassassin.jpg

Pictured with the The Cuban Assassin, another legend.