PDA

View Full Version : GSIH Short Stack Strategy for Short Handed and Heads Up?

12AX7
07-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Is there an equivalent to the GSIH Short Stack No-Limit Strategy for Short Handed and Heads Up Play?

Or alternatively, is there a way to adjust it for said conditions?

Allinlife
07-08-2005, 01:42 AM
no unless you are playing sng with 20bb stacks max.

why not learn the proper way? it's alot of fun.

12AX7
07-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Hi AllinLife,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to NL. So no attack here. I'm just not sure what you mean.

What is the "proper way"?

Are we talking the Brunson-esque aggressive, "scoop lots of small pots to freeroll for the longshot big pots" approach, or something else?

My goal initially is simple and direct. A set of strategies that is straight forward to implement for all 3 game conditions (full, short, heads up) that is roughly break even. Then get into rake back and/or propping.

Once that's in place, then use the rake back/propping table time to further improve to being a really strong player.

So initally the GSIH Short Stack Strategy offers what I seek, except that it would never fly in situations like propping, where I don't have table selection and will likely be on short tables the majority of the time.

Bottom line, I'm looking to finance my poker education with... poker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let me know your thoughts.

ptmusic
07-08-2005, 02:47 AM
I think with some adjustments, the system would be profitable at shorthanded tables. For instance, count backwards from the button for position (i.e. Early Position doesn't exist anymore, UTG is Middle Position...). Also, for the hands he says to limp with in Late Position - go ahead and raise with the higher hands and fold the lower hands.

But I prefer to just leave the table and find a fuller table.

-ptmusic