PDA

View Full Version : Good turn fold?

GSummers
07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Hi guys. I just started playing for real money after screwing around with play money for a while. Be gentle.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.03.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds?

Table was loose passive preflop.

I called the flop feeling I have odds to chase overs/bd straight. I just wasn't sure about the turn. Presumably when SB bets out the turn helped him, and now I feel like my overcard outs are a little dodgier. Plus it might get raised behind me by the flop bettor. Is this reasoning sound?

TripleH68
07-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Have you really been lurking for over a year? Welcome.

I think your reasoning on the turn is fine, but what is your reasoning for open-limping this hand preflop in early position?

Quercus
07-08-2005, 12:47 AM
QJo is very pretty to look at, but is a lousy hand. Way too likely to be dominated, and you can't play with any strength if your overs hit. I'd just muck preflop.

Redd
07-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah, this is an easy pf muck, and I think the most important thing about the (good) turn fold is that you don't know what the flop aggressor is going to do behind you. You might just barely have implied odds to peel if the guy behind you never raises; however, a turn raise even a small percent of the time will quickly push this into -EV.

Jaran
07-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the forum. As gently as I can say it: fold pf, fold the flop, turn is fine. Again, welcome.

-Jaran

Boolean
07-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Getting 10:1 with a backdoor flush draw and two overs on the flop when you're closing the action is a fold? Why? Raising is definately out of the question because of your position to the flop raiser, but I think a call here is fine with our pot odds.

Jaran
07-08-2005, 01:15 AM
It's a backdoor str8 draw, actually. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif (Honestly, the flop call is fine, but I didn't really look to closely after seeing the pf call. My bad)

-Jaran

Boolean
07-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Ick, so you're right. Thought he had QJs. I need the diamonds to be blue. :&gt;