PDA

View Full Version : Question about a POND FULL OF FISH

Str8Fish
07-08-2005, 12:11 AM
I feel overwhelmed sometimes playing $1/$2 tables with a table full of fish. I play pretty tight myself... usually no more than 25% of my cards... mostly around 20%, depending on the game situation. And I try to be very aggressive after the flop. HOWEVER... in a pond full of fish who go too far with their hands it seems as if AT LEAST ONE OF THEM GETS LUCKY and hits their long-shot inside straight or whatever they might have. So in question form... what is the optimal number of fish you want at your table? The more fish, the higher the probability that one of them will hit their long-shot. Defending apparently phases no fish. Stupid fish.

shant
07-08-2005, 12:14 AM

aK13
07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
playing 10 TAGs >>>>>> 10 fish.

Search for low VPIP/pot size tables. Most profitable.

Stephen Gray
07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
At a ten-handed table, you want 9 fish and yourself. Given
that you play good hands, and they play bad hands, when you
play a pot, you'll win far more than your fair share. Please buy SSHE and look into the subject of pot equity.

To reiterate: the more fish, the more profitable for you.
Your money come from exploiting the mistakes of your
opponents. The more mistakes, the more money you make.
It's about winning money, not pots.

smb394
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Str8Fish, check out the Micro Limits forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=micro), but don't ask this question there.

Buck_65
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
playing 10 TAGs >>>>>> 10 fish.

Search for low VPIP/pot size tables. Most profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY nh.

TRWIII
07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
While I personally love as many fish as possible, Mason postulated in I think the first Poker Essays book (it was one of 'em) that the optimal table consists of you, four fish (calling stations) and four weak tighties. He was talking about live, but same idea, just with an extra fish online. Though long term if you adjust correctly, you should crush a table full of fishies, though your variance mght make you drink too much some nights /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

TRWIII