PDA

View Full Version : I hate HU

Redd
07-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Played a whole orbit with Villain, but I suspect he may be raising light. Exactly how light, however, I am unsure of. Do we get any more bets in here? Do we lead the river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Buck_65
07-08-2005, 12:15 AM
I 3-bet this flop, if you're capped you can give villain credit for AK, KQs, AA, or QQ. You have a lot of outs if behind, and you may be ahead here. Villain likely raises this flop with a hand like AQ or worse in addition to hands that beat you IMO...

I'd love to see how this hand played out if you 3-bet the flop.

Greg J
07-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I pop him with a check raise on the turn. I suspect you are ahead, but if he 3 bets you can check/call the river UI, or check raise if you hit yr flush.

Redd
07-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks for your replies, guys.

[ QUOTE ]
I pop him with a check raise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it make more sense to push the flop when I have a bigger equity edge due to my draw?

[ QUOTE ]
you may be ahead here

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suspect you are ahead

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you suspect that - because of my 'raising light' hypothesis? If he was standard, would you expect me to be ahead &gt;20% of the time after his pf 3-bet and a flop raise?

Quercus
07-08-2005, 12:45 AM
He raised you preflop and then raised you again on the flop. Even light raisers can get good cards every once in a while.

I don't mind how this was played.

econ_tim
07-08-2005, 01:03 AM
That's a dreamy flop for you.

3-bet it.

MrEngenic
07-08-2005, 05:54 AM
3-bet the flop, lead turn, call down if raised on turn ,unless you hit your flush, then checkraise river.

@bsolute_luck
07-08-2005, 05:58 AM
why not c/r the flop?

benneh
07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
even if villain has AK you are still a favorite on the flop with your TPGK+FD. this is a HUUUUUUUUGE hand. you're still behind a 2pr hand, but your FD more than makes up for it. your hand is hot for heads up. 3 bet that flop and take control. you're way to passive on the flop turn and river in this hand, you need to push your edge (if you have one) and have villain making the harder decisions, not you.

edit: bah. its late and i misread the hand. i thought this was purely heads up. kind of changes the situation a little. anyone who said c/r the flop here is probably right, though you cant always expect someone from EP to bet for you. if you know they're gonna bet you should C/R here but make sure you know for sure.

Piiop
07-08-2005, 06:16 AM
I'd much rather check-raise the flop then bet/3bet. By check-raising, I'm getting a lot more value when I collect bets from the other 2 players in, instead of forcing them out. Betting this flop so he raises is only forcing people out when you don't want them to be forced out. Also, he probably won't be raising this flop without a hand you beat very often, but he will bet it when you check to him.

The way you played it, I think calling down after raised on the flop is fine.

@bsolute_luck
07-08-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who said c/r the flop here is probably right, though you cant always expect someone from EP to bet for you. if you know they're gonna bet you should C/R here but make sure you know for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP3 3-bet preflop. and i think he would bet again on this board. that's why i suggested c/r. your hand is very strong and i think you get more value by c/r.

McGahee
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
C/R flop

chaz64
07-08-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
C/R flop

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie47
07-08-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not c/r the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This is a perfect opportunity for a check/raise.

Also, I get your avatar.

Redd
07-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I slept on it and in retrospect this is a very easy c/r on the flop. I'm a little angry at myself for missing it last night; perhaps I was too tired to be playing. I mean, uh, this was a deliberate a straightforward one for the newbies.

FWIW, Villain shows Queen-rag and MHIG. My suspicions were correct; I'll learn later in the session that Villain is about 90%/40%, so he was raising a little light.

Wookie: did you just make it here in time to see Entity's inverted CDC avatar? I think you're probably near the get it/don't get it cutoff point.

MrWookie47
07-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I was actually around for some amount of time before he had the inverted CDC avatar. I might have been lurking at that time, however. I have little recollection as to the relative timing of my first post and the appearance of the inverted avatar. I'm pretty sure I was posting during around the middle of its tenure, though.

Edit: And if that's true, then I think all but one of the people who posted in this thread have been around long enough to have had ample opportunity to get your avatar.