PDA

View Full Version : Beginner's Luck

Justin A
07-07-2005, 11:54 PM
So I lent my older brother some money to play some .5/1 poker and see how he does. Today, in his second day ever of playing online poker, he has AKc in a capped pot five ways preflop. Flop is QcJcTc.

I still have yet to flop a royal flush in probably 150k hands or so of online poker. Lucky SOB. Oh yeah, he also flopped quad kings today.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Just wait til Party sticks him in "distribution mode."

I have yet to hit a royal at all, so I dislike your brother.

Greg J
07-08-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have yet to hit a royal at all, so I dislike your brother.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you hate it when people quote someone b/c they agree completely? Well, yeah. That.

Redd
07-08-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you hate it when people quote someone b/c they agree completely?

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
07-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Jeez, anyone can do that.

Here's a funny one.

Mrs. Nolanfan has been playing some 0.05/0.10 limit on Poker Stars. So the other night she sits at a table with her $2.50. Wins an early hand and gets to like $3 or so.

So shortly after, she gets ATo in the BB. There's a raise and re-raise, and she just keeps clicking call, waiting for the flop - except she's all-in. Of course she sat at a NL table, and her ATo was up against AKs and KK.

Flop - TT3r.

Talk about luckbox! She tripled up and left the table. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
07-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Why didn't you also tell everyone about your brother limping preflop with AQ, then calling two cold back to him, then not raising an A high flop, then not raising the turn, then on the river calling two bets cold, the first of which was a random donkbet and losing (obviously) a huge pot.

Btw this actually happened as told to me this morning by Justin and it wasn't something I just made up.

Justin A
07-08-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you also tell everyone about your brother limping preflop with AQ, then calling two cold back to him, then not raising an A high flop, then not raising the turn, then on the river calling two bets cold, the first of which was a random donkbet and losing (obviously) a huge pot.

Btw this actually happened as told to me this morning by Justin and it wasn't something I just made up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. It was his first time ever two tabling and he got flustered.

nolanfan34
07-08-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. It was his first time ever two tabling and he got flustered.

[/ QUOTE ]

n00b. MrsNolanfan was 3-tabling after one day.

Maybe they should play a heads up match.

Mooski
07-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Or maybe three-table three HU matches?

TStoneMBD
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
variance is a helluva drug.

Klepton
07-08-2005, 05:57 PM
kurosh's brother still sucks

SippinSoma
07-08-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
variance is a helluva drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahaha.

07-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Your brother is one lucky son of a gun, especially for a beginner.