PDA

View Full Version : NEW FAMILY GUY BLOWS

send_the_msg
07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
i can't believe what they've done to that show. so dumb.

DemonDeac
07-07-2005, 11:50 PM
kill urself

send_the_msg
07-07-2005, 11:53 PM
KILL FAMILY GUY!!!!

kyro
07-07-2005, 11:58 PM
"How can you afford these things?"

"The power of Christ compels you, bitch."

"Good. Let the hate flow through your body."
"You're not helping!"

"Haha, she can't eat caramel!"

I heartily disagree. The plot is weaker than before, but the jokes are just as good.

Pocket Trips
07-08-2005, 12:08 AM
the natalie wood charades joke alone was worth bringing it back for

bronzepiglet
07-08-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"How can you afford these things?"

"The power of Christ compels you, bitch."

"Good. Let the hate flow through your body."
"You're not helping!"

"Haha, she can't eat caramel!"

I heartily disagree. The plot is weaker than before, but the jokes are just as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. There is some seriously strong material in there.

Russ McGinley
07-08-2005, 12:49 AM
You can fly if you jump off a tall building. You should try it.

Wes ManTooth
07-08-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this f-in moran ***

[/ QUOTE ]

what??

Klepton
07-08-2005, 01:07 AM
well think about it this way, now that you don't watch family guy, you'll have more time for your novel

you know

that

novel you've been working on?

hmm?

send_the_msg
07-08-2005, 01:16 AM
i just find the new ones to be lacking the cleverness of the previous ones. i watched an episode tonight that definitely had funny moments, but seemed to be missing the flair that made the first three seasons brilliant and infinitely watchable.

captZEEbo1
07-08-2005, 01:26 AM
I rewatched a few of the older episodes recently (I own the dvds, but haven't watched them in a year or so), and the older ones aren't that funny anymore. The show has just run it's course I think. There's something to knowing about a "secret" show. Family Guy used to be a show that not many people liked and was unlike everything else. Same thing happened to Beavis & Butthead, South Park, Simpsons, and even movies like Amelie, Eternal Sunshine, Boondock Saints, etc, also bands like Radiohead, etc. When it first comes out, you are in the minority for people that know about it and like it, you feel special. When it becomes mainstream, somehow it's just less appealing to you. You lost that special connection you had with something that was "underground".

shant
07-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Stop being such a baby fanboy and just enjoy the cartoon or turn it off.

MarkL444
07-08-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I rewatched a few of the older episodes recently (I own the dvds, but haven't watched them in a year or so), and the older ones aren't that funny anymore. The show has just run it's course I think. There's something to knowing about a "secret" show. Family Guy used to be a show that not many people liked and was unlike everything else. Same thing happened to Beavis & Butthead, South Park, Simpsons, and even movies like Amelie, Eternal Sunshine, Boondock Saints, etc, also bands like Radiohead, etc. When it first comes out, you are in the minority for people that know about it and like it, you feel special. When it becomes mainstream, somehow it's just less appealing to you. You lost that special connection you had with something that was "underground".

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i feel this way with bands all the time.

send_the_msg
07-08-2005, 01:33 AM
try watching season 3, late season 2. those are the funniest

wonderwes
07-08-2005, 02:30 AM
The writing of family guy is more entertaining than 90% of the shows out there. Now, its replay value does lower on the reruns, but its still quite fresh and still has about a 3 out of 4 ratio of funny jokes. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

LoaferGee12
07-08-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe what they've done to that show. so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched this episode for the first time.. are you out of your mind? This was one of the funniest FG episodes IMO. If you didn't like this one, I don't see how you liked it before.

kasey2004
07-08-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I just watched this episode for the first time.. are you out of your mind? This was one of the funniest FG episodes IMO. If you didn't like this one, I don't see how you liked it before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I would have to agree the new stuff is still fall-out-of-your-seat funny, and hasnt changed much.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

spamuell
07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, basically, you're a poser.

Pocket Trips
07-08-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of thinking drives me crazy.. it is nothing but intellectual snobbery. You want to feel so superior for liking a show that is relatively unknown. The American public is waaay to stupid to understand the humor that only YOU can appreciate right? Well I have some bad news for you ... watching and appreciating a TV show or listening to a band does not make you special

TheIrishThug
07-08-2005, 08:10 AM
the replay value is amazing, as a yr at college proved.

also i'm glad fg is no longer underground cause now i don't have to worry about fox moving it around the schedule.

xorbie
07-08-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well think about it this way, now that you don't watch family guy, you'll have more time for your novel

you know

that

novel you've been working on?

hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This (both of them) had me and my friends cracking up twice in the same night. One of the best jokes ever. That whole episode was brilliant.

jcmack13
07-08-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of thinking drives me crazy.. it is nothing but intellectual snobbery. You want to feel so superior for liking a show that is relatively unknown. The American public is waaay to stupid to understand the humor that only YOU can appreciate right? Well I have some bad news for you ... watching and appreciating a TV show or listening to a band does not make you special

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
07-08-2005, 12:33 PM
i've seen a few of the new episodes and i was disappointed too. i think they've gone WAY too far with the pop culture references. stuff like the kool-aid man busting through the wall was cool before because it was relatively rare. every episode has like 80 such moments now. it has given me a newfound appreciation for the simpsons though.

Rekwob
07-08-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've seen a few of the new episodes and i was disappointed too. i think they've gone WAY too far with the pop culture references. stuff like the kool-aid man busting through the wall was cool before because it was relatively rare. every episode has like 80 such moments now. it has given me a newfound appreciation for the simpsons though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was sure this (the kool aid man jumping through the wall) happened in family guy, then watched them again and missed it, can anyone tell me what episode and roughly when it happens? thanks

Duffman
07-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I forgot what it was called but its the one where Brian runs away from home and then gets arrested.

TheIrishThug
07-08-2005, 05:13 PM
wrong. its the first episode (Death has a Shadow)

somethingstupid
07-09-2005, 03:24 AM
relax

Monkeyslacks
07-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Stick it in her pooper!

kasey2004
07-09-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stick it in her pooper!

[/ QUOTE ]

This has now overtaken 2+2 as the most popular post

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

oneeye13
07-09-2005, 05:10 AM
all their energy is going to the american dad

raisethatmofo
07-09-2005, 06:02 AM
I've never watched an episode of Family Guy . What does that make me ? My friends have watched it and told me it's good but I'm just not into that kind of thing. I like watching people make asses of themselves. Jackass, The Real World, Viva La Bam. These are shows that I watch. Is their something wrong with me ? I don't like Simpsons or Family Guy or any of that junk.

Russ McGinley
07-09-2005, 10:47 AM
So you have never watched it, yet you don't like it. It must have come to you in a dream.

benza13
07-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Obviously you should give Family Guy a try, because there are plenty of jackass moments, just with cartoons, and they are damn funny. Like the episode a couple weeks ago that ended with Peter getting kicked in the nuts by a random guy who then tells him he's on a TV show where they go around doing this to people and filming it. "You got kicked in the nuts" or something like it.

Another great episode this season was the one where Meg gets a makeover and the whole episode turns out to essentially be a saturday night live rip-off, which once you realize and rewatch it, it makes some of the parts funnier.

send_the_msg
07-10-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all their energy is going to the american dad

[/ QUOTE ]

however bad i think the new family guy's are, american dad is a million times worse. the characters on that show are so boring it's retarded.

CallMeIshmael
07-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Though family guy isnt as great as some people think it is, it is still better than most things currently on television.

TheIrishThug
07-10-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like the episode a couple weeks ago that ended with Peter getting kicked in the nuts by a random guy who then tells him he's on a TV show where they go around doing this to people and filming it. "You got kicked in the nuts" or something like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't know it at the time. but this is a real thing
KickedInTheNuts.com (http://www.kickedinthenuts.com)

Keith Fellmy
07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
was it good when it first started?

Don't think so!!!!!!!!

benza13
07-10-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't know it at the time. but this is a real thing
KickedInTheNuts.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That makes it so much better...

TheIrishThug
07-10-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah, some one posted it on here when the episode first aired. i watched one of the videos and still can't tell if its rigged or not.

Phoenix1010
07-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Question: American Dad isn't on my TV guide for tonight. Instead there's back to back Family Guy. Has AD been canceled?

TheIrishThug
07-10-2005, 08:40 PM
no, not even close

AD Homepage (http://www.fox.com/americandad/home.htm)
[ QUOTE ]

Party Like It's 2006!
So this afternoon, FOX held what we call in the biz, Upfronts. These Upfronts are a festival of new shows, old shows, celebs and more e-mails that are titled, "2005-2006 SCHEDULE" than I could put in my "delete items" bin.

But buried underneath all our new pretty ponies galloping to our TV's in the future was a secret and wonderful truth. Both Family Guy and American Dad will be sitting pretty on Sunday nights.

You can't stop the FG/AD Super Power Hour!

[/ QUOTE ]