PDA

View Full Version : Standard Play for JJ in Early Position?

PartySNGer
07-07-2005, 11:31 PM
What is your normal play for JJ UTG in a 50+5 SNG with 15/30 blinds and 1000 chips? I like to limp and see if the flop gives me a set or 3 undercards. I just think making a t90 chip raise is too risky with a hand that you don't want to see a reraise with and bad position. If I make this raise and get called by 2 people behind me and the inevitable overcard flops, you are in a tricky spot acting first. Is limping too weak or pretty standard for the small blinds?

sirdeej2
07-07-2005, 11:33 PM
I limp as well. More often than not the flop will turn your JJ into garbage, so why lose more chips preflop.

kamelion44
07-07-2005, 11:50 PM
I like to raise...see post above, with the 77. Alot of players will call your raise with alot worse hands, and then go too far with them, so if you play well post flop (i.e. you can get away from your jacks when you're no good, and get paid when they are) then you should raise, to gain the preflop equity imo.

lastchance
07-08-2005, 12:25 AM
For TT and below, I limp normally. For JJ, I like raising it up, and going from there. It's not an easy spot...

If it's folded to you in MP or LP, limping would be terrible. I could say pretty surely.