PDA

View Full Version : QQ in position J high board against checkraise.

dibbs
07-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Nothing too exciting, just curious how people like to play it. 25$NL full ring. Villan has yet to call raises with total crap, he has overplayed top pair middleish kicker for stacks a few times, he overplays face cards and one pair hands, I haven't seen how he plays big hands however.

1 Limper, I make it 1.25 with red QQ, one LP caller, SB calls, limper calls.

Flop comes J 5 8 two clubs. Check, I bet 5$ pot, 2 folds, limper minraises to 10$. I have about 19$ left he has me well covered.

Whats your plan?

fimbulwinter
07-07-2005, 09:35 PM
call, check behind turn, fold to continued turn agression.

fim

21times20
07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call, check behind turn, fold to continued turn agression.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is great advice, i've never, ever seen anyone min-raise with a flush draw, i swear

imported_anacardo
07-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Okay, what's your alternate line? Push?

ajmargarine
07-07-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, what's your alternate line? Push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, with only $19 behind, and a $20 pot, and you needing to call $5.....I would push here after his checkraise. I mean, if he has a set or two pair, you're behind but not completely dead. He could be reading you as a continuation bet (if you regularily make them) with something like AK, where he only has one pair or a flush or straight draw. With $19 behind, I would take my chances with QQ and push.

dibbs
07-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. After reflection I think the call/check behind on turn fold to aggression plan is often the best line here, as sets do play like this a lot, in these games anyways.

Against some opponents I like the push too, but feel you have to be pretty confident they flopped top pair and are trying to swat down your continuation bet.

Thanks again.