PDA

View Full Version : A little trivia question

QTip
07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I never knew this until tonight but I've always wondered. So...who'll be the first to answer correctly?

Why is the seat to the right of the button called the "Cut-off"?

JoshuaD
07-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Because when you raise from there, you "Cut Off" the button.

Q E D

Buck_65
07-07-2005, 09:17 PM
That is the seat where the boy sits at his barmitzvah when he becomes a man.

slavic
07-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I seem to remeber it being Bob Ciaffone who named it such. Though it's likely unimportant, much like Tommy naming the seat to the left of the CO the HJ seat.

The names are there pretty much for the same reason.

QTip
07-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I guess Josh wins. I was reading through "Improve Your Poker" on page 104 and there it was. Just thought it might be fun and a bit informative.

Paxosmotic
07-07-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remeber it being Bob Ciaffone who named it such. Though it's likely unimportant, much like Tommy naming the seat to the left of the CO the HJ seat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tommy who?

QTip
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tommy who?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.tommyangelo.com/

JoshuaD
07-07-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess Josh wins. I was reading through "Improve Your Poker" on page 104 and there it was. Just thought it might be fun and a bit informative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to ruin your fun. I just found this out like a week ago, and I was itching to tell someone else.

QTip
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to ruin your fun. I just found this out like a week ago, and I was itching to tell someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't ruin the fun Josh!! You participated!!

slavic
07-08-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at that, mind like a steal trap. I read Bob's IYP close to 2 years ago, I should probably go back through it, but there has been such good literature comming out this year that I've been concentrating on the new stuff. That and my semi annual reread of TOP. I should probably make that a quarterly thing though.