PDA

View Full Version : First time I've felt lost in a while: AA gets check-3bet

Deamon2
07-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I've been feeling a little animosity from sb because I've tried to steal his limped sb from him a couple of times. We have fought HU, but we have been in multi-way pots with each other in between them where he played normally. Everyone else in the hand is usual fair for a good game.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

I think sb could do this with a king, 2 pair, or maybe a set. I'd doubt a set because most players like to trap with them, but it's possible he noticed that the table is calling down with pretty much everything. When I was in the hand, I freaked out and folded, but looking back it doesn't seem as clear as it did when I was playing. I definitely can't call here, but capping feels so wrong. I doubt this play would be any major leak (it doesn't occur often) but I'm curious as to what you people think about it.

Entity
07-07-2005, 09:03 PM
OMG. This fold is terrible.

I cap the flop.

Redd
07-07-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I cap the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you estimate Hero's equity is here?

Greg J
07-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Not a good fold. I think you are right that you are likely behind to two pair. If this is the case you have MEGA outs. In fact, I could go for a cap on this flop. Alternately, I could just call the flop, and try to force button out with a raise on the when SB bets. This could allow you to check through the river UI if you think SB would call you on the turn to set you up and pop you with a CR on the river. Either line is better than folding here.

It's good that you realize that you did not make a good fold here. You didn't.

Entity
07-07-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I cap the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&gt; 60%.

SCfuji
07-07-2005, 09:24 PM
good thing ed miller forgives his children, for you have sinned.

cap the flop and lead the turn! showdown this hand please.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Capping is very right here, especially if the check 3 bet was instant, as he probably flopped kings, decided to check raise, and hit "bet/raise" after he checked. I've had this happen a few times with overpairs, and their hand is usually very weak for what you'd expect fromt his sort of play due to that glaring tell.

beset7
07-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Cap it and get to showdown. Thinking that this fold is close or reasonable is a major mistake.

Deamon2
07-07-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Capping is very right here, especially if the check 3 bet was instant, as he probably flopped kings, decided to check raise, and hit "bet/raise" after he checked. I've had this happen a few times with overpairs, and their hand is usually very weak for what you'd expect fromt his sort of play due to that glaring tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

his raise was not an autobet, so I discounted him being retarded like that

After looking at it some more and reading your responses capping looks a lot better. I was "saving bets" here when I should have been "saving pots". Thanks everyone.

HollywoodDB
07-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Wow, I've been capping or at least calling this flop. Isn't this standard? If not explain.

thanks

Deamon2
07-07-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I've been capping or at least calling this flop. Isn't this standard? If not explain.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll blame it on temporary insanity. from now on I'm capping in this spot. sorry to set a bad example /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Felipe
07-07-2005, 10:52 PM
I think sb could do this with a king, 2 pair, or maybe a set. I'd doubt a set because most players like to trap with them

Didn't he do exactly that; trap? Would you go to show down with this hand after he bets, then you raise the turn to fold out the button, and then he 3 bets the turn? What would hero do in that case?

Entity
07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I cap the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess was &gt; 60%. Here's the pokerstove against a generous range of hands here (meaning usually your opponents are doing this with a much weaker range and don't have a set here).

This fold is a HUGE error.

Hand 1: 19.6814 % 18.80% 00.88% { AKs, K2s+, 54s, AKo, K2o+ }
Hand 2: 22.1650 % 21.29% 00.88% { 44, AKs, K2s+, 54s, AKo, K2o+ }
Hand 3: 58.1536 % 58.09% 00.06% { AA }

Rob

Deamon2
07-07-2005, 11:19 PM
wow.. thanks Entity

I didn't realize my equity was nearly that high.

never folding there again