PDA

View Full Version : Fine to raise this river?

Deamon2
07-07-2005, 06:45 PM
This is my second hand with the table and with villain. His play reeks of WA/WB, but I'm not sure he knows it since I don't know if he has a clue yet. Does anyone find a raise on this river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ????</font>

newfant
07-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm not fond of raising rivers when all you've seen is passivity from villian on all previous streets and then he finally gets aggressive on the river. He could easily be betting his back-door flush or two-pair here. You are opening yourself up to a 3-bet here if you raise and you definitely don't want that.

The way I see it, you likely got a lot of your money in this hand when villian was drawing very slim (all your bets before the river). Don't reward the villian by letting him three-bet you on the river when he makes some miraculous suckout. That just makes it less incorrect for him to try and draw out on you.

Also, he'll likely fold if he is bluffing but will almost definitely re-raise any two-pair or flush here.

aK13
07-07-2005, 07:26 PM
It's possible he is a fish that just runner runnered your ass. I call without a better read, since this is more often the case than finding a 2+2er that knows the line.

EDIT: Also, if he was WA/WB, he woudl fold to your raise, accomplishing nothing because you are likely ahead, or will get 3bet by a better hand and have to fold.

Deamon2
07-07-2005, 07:33 PM
thanks ak, I hadn't considered that if he knows WA/WB he would know to bet/fold

I raised, he hesitated, then called, and shoed down ATs and mhig.

@bsolute_luck
07-07-2005, 09:20 PM
gotta love slowplayed Aces that love to donkbet and get the worst of it in the end /images/graemlins/tongue.gif