PDA

View Full Version : At what point do I fold?

pokerjunky
07-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Anybody find a place to fold in this hand?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

deception5
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I think I would play it the same way.

ncboiler
07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
On the turn? Pot is too big on the flop on fold with what I am guessing to be about 4 or 5 outs. 2 outs for each over cards and a partial for the runner runner straight. It's an easy turn fold for me. Easier on the river.

ThisHo
07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Too big a pot to fold on the flop. Does a raise help us here? Only if BB is going to 3 bet this for us and then what do we do against him the rest of the way?

Is the turn a fold?

You're getting nearly 12:1 on the call here, but with the paired board are you're 6 outs really outs? If you cut them to 4 then yeah, its a call, if you cut them in half to 3 then its a close fold.

UTG wakes up on the river? QJ/QT/Q9 ? or slowplaying the trip 2's or a set that filled on the turn? This hand is just icky all the way around.

Given the size of the pot (15BB when its to us) I have a hard time folding the river there, but since its 2 bets we have to be good 1 in 8 times --- I'm making the crying call too, but its very very close (and I suck).

ThisHo

ps ... Need more info on players.

deception5
07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
On the turn though we're getting almost 12:1 and closing the action. And on the river we actually hit one of our outs. BB could have almost anything here (a ten seems likely) and UTG could be raising with any queen, some of which we are ahead of. And we only need to be good 1 time in 8 or so to call this.

ncboiler
07-07-2005, 06:28 PM
UTG's raise reeks of 2 pair or straight. Doubtful he has a 2 but the possibility he does has to figure into the decision somehow.

ThisHo
07-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I agree that UTG suddenly waking up is terrifying. BB doesn't concern me. I think this is really very very very close and I could clearly understand a fold on the river - its just very hard for me to lay this down when we hit what we thought were outs and UTG could very easily be betting QJ here.

ThisHo

flair1239
07-07-2005, 08:38 PM
The turn would be an easy fold for me. Even getting 11-1, the specter of reverse domination looms large over a hand like this.

As does the possibility of drawing dead. Calling the river was really bad.

AceCraig
07-07-2005, 09:27 PM
I think I would have folded the turn when i did not improve. But i am learning to not fold in big pots. I think you played it okay. Tuff hand. Crying call on river. Did he have J9?

lerxst337
07-07-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have folded the turn when i did not improve. But i am learning to not fold in big pots. I think you played it okay. Tuff hand. Crying call on river. Did he have J9?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn is an easy fold--there is a huge chance your Q makes a straight, not to mention, as said before, you very well could be dead.

I could be completely wrong, but I am thinking UTG has a monster. Limp UTG, maybe middle PP? Just calling with 3 calls behind him on the turn is justified if everyone is essentially dead.

At the same time, I know nothing of UTG's style, so who knows. I just thing that QJs is the only hand you can beat.

ecooke
07-07-2005, 10:02 PM
The pot odds are deceptive in this hand. Your 6 overcards outs aren't clean since hands like KT and QT are well within the playing range of any 2/4 limper and matters are compounded further by the flush draw. With that said, say the overcards combine for 3 outs and you can let one more slide off on the flop. Fold the Turn.