PDA

View Full Version : Cold calls from the BB

blackize
07-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I was met with a lot of criticism about cold calling with a small pair yesterday. What are everyone's thoughts about cold calling with a small pair from the BB with a raise from MP and 1 or 2 callers. Your move closes the action.

Entity
07-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Folding any PP in the situation you describe would be terrible.

ncboiler
07-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Would you play a small PP for 1 bet normally? Sometimes you wouldn't but most times you would. You are playing it for 1 bet in a raised pot here.

PatJ
07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
The more callers the better off you are. With a raiser and two callers (and the SB) you're getting 7.5:1. Compare that to your odds of flopping a set and even before implied odds you're doing fine.

private joker
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Certainly better than calling with QTo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

housenuts
07-07-2005, 08:29 PM
i've been under the impression you should play any PP from the big blind even if it's capped when it gets to you.

you gotta figure if it's capped that's at least 3 other players in the pot. at very minimum (if it's SB who caps, and the other raisers will call) you're calling 3 small bets into a pot of 13 small bets. most likely there will be limpers in there and other stuff and if you flop a set you're off to the races.

AceCraig
07-07-2005, 09:09 PM
If it is one bet more to you it is not considered cold calling. If its 2 bets to you that would be considered a cold call and you probably should have 9's or 10's or better.

Paxosmotic
07-07-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Certainly better than calling with QTo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to print that thread and tape it above my bed.

As long as there's a few limpers in the pot to sweeten it up for you, I don't see anything wrong with cold calling pocket pairs and suited connectors in the big blind.

mikeyvegas
07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
With a PP in the BB in the described situation you should always call. What do you all think when you are presented with the same situation but in the small blind?