PDA

View Full Version : next on my sht list

Boris
07-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Steve Phillips.

Is this guy the biggest tool out of all the ESPN baseball analysts or what? He was a tool when he was a GM and now he gets a prime location on the WWW to reveal more of his asininity.

agree or disagree?

sublime
07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steve Phillips.

Is this guy the biggest tool out of all the ESPN baseball analysts or what? He was a tool when he was a GM and now he gets a prime location on the WWW to reveal more of his asininity.

agree or disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

hes up there with TO for sure

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
who?

btw, I love Boris' [censored] lists.

btw pt 2, how is the fern?

Boris
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I've got my camera working and if I don't go play poker I'll post some pictures tonight.

the fern is not doing well. I don't have a green thumb. I have a death thumb. I mean if you can't grow something in california, you are not cut out to be a farmer, or a gardner, or to even have houseplants.

Boris
07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
good one.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 06:16 PM
damn, that sucks. Know anyone that is a greenthumb?

Anyways who is this guy?

Boris
07-07-2005, 06:20 PM
he used to be the GM of the mets. now he gets regular airtime on the ESPN website and sometimes as a broadcaster. just the other day I was watching some lunchtime baseball and he starts whining about the DH. My god. the DH has been around forever now and the DH v. no DH argument has been argued a bazillion times. what an A-Hole.

nolanfan34
07-07-2005, 07:38 PM
The much shorter list for me right now is which analysts I LIKE listening to. I can barely watch Baseball Tonight, between having to listen to Phillips, Kruk, etc. Gammons I like. Harold Reynolds I of course like being a former M and all, but even he's not always right on.

I blame Nate and the rest of the BP guys. Totally changed my perspective on the sport.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
fvckin mets. Horrible scar on the baseball world.

Jack of Arcades
07-07-2005, 10:48 PM
the guys on BTN are usually cool when it comes to like... analysing actual plays, mechanics, "micro" analysis. when talking about macro stuff, ie, overall strategy, transactions... they're off.