PDA

View Full Version : Soar by Christina Aguilera (and Rize review)

Ulysses
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Just heard this song for the first time when I saw Rize a couple of nights ago. I really like it.

As for Rize, the dancing parts of the movie were really good. The narrative parts were a little weak. Overall good, worth watching, but not great.

Dead
07-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Let's put a gay alert on this thread.

Thanks.

Luv2DriveTT
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I really like LaChappel's imagery in general, but he is a bit over the top and tacky for my taste. Rise is an interesting choice of subjects for him however, how did a big old Queen like him get involved in this project? It doesn't seem like he is capable of such big-picture thinking, he is always so strung out on drugs, I actually had written him off as a pending been recently.

Tell me about the direction... the imagery.. the cinematography.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

istewart
07-07-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's put a gay alert on this thread.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can minimize this...

http://www.icalledshotgun.com/photodirectory/Dead.jpg

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
07-07-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how did a big old Queen like him get involved in this project?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that he was introduced to this style of dance and some of these dancers while doing some music videos (including Christina Aguilera). I also read something about him doing a couple of shorts on the subject.

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me about the direction... the imagery.. the cinematography.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of that was great in the dancing scenes. Everything got much weaker in the background and narrative.

Luv2DriveTT
07-07-2005, 07:52 PM
He did a short that he presented at Sundance, it got good reviews.

Do you think he can turn is ability into a big production? I was shocked to learn he was shooting music videos, I never thought he would get father than cult icon status while alive, but I'm pretty positive is still images will be with us for centurys... an entire style of photography is based upon his work.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif