PDA

View Full Version : Adjustment for California Grand blind structure

MustangMarc
07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
The closest card room to me has an odd blind structure for the Texas Hold'em limit $3/$6 game. The big blind is $3, which is normal. The small blind is $2, which is not surprising. What's odd is that the button also puts in $2.

Does anyone have any specific recommendations to adjust to this structure? Obviously I want to loosen up on the button, playing the same hands I would from the small blind. I might even play a few more, given that I'll have position after the flop. What I really want to know is, should I play other positions differently knowing there is more blind money in the pot?

M2d
07-07-2005, 05:26 PM
problem with the grand game is that both the sb and the sbb get dropped, so the initial pot is only 1 small bet. that said, for one chip and position throughout, I can't see many hands that I don't play here.

SossMan
07-07-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
problem with the grand game is that both the sb and the sbb get dropped, so the initial pot is only 1 small bet. that said, for one chip and position throughout, I can't see many hands that I don't play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, unless the guys on your left are really aggressive, I'm limping w/ any two here (and of course still raising the standard hands).