PDA

View Full Version : Rakeback Question

jkron1
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
First i need to say that i realize i'm an idiot for not having rakeback but it is something i only learned about from lurking at this site. Currently i mostly playon party and empire. Is there anyway to get rakeback if my account has already been opened and running for awhile.

Sorry if this has been asked before, i've searched the archives and couldn't find a definitive answer or solution.

citanul
07-07-2005, 05:03 PM
you cannot get rakeback on an existing account, you would have to open a new account to get rakeback.

jkron1
07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
can i close my existing account and then just open another one with a different alias?

gildwulf
07-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Get rakeback with Multipoker, Intertops or Eurobet...they are all partyskins and fine (except Eurobet which is my main site and I [censored] hate it for SNGs).

jkron1
07-07-2005, 05:23 PM
i mostly play 55 SNG, how would you rate the volume at those other sites? I also thought i read somewhere that i would need to sign up from a different computer, is that true?

Bluff Daddy
07-07-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get rakeback with Multipoker, Intertops or Eurobet...they are all partyskins and fine (except Eurobet which is my main site and I [censored] hate it for SNGs).

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mine on eurobet, what exactly do you hate?

[ QUOTE ]
i mostly play 55 SNG, how would you rate the volume at those other sites? I also thought i read somewhere that i would need to sign up from a different computer, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

traffic is the same on all sites for sng's they are all on the party network

gildwulf
07-07-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mine on eurobet, what exactly do you hate?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

traffic is the same on all sites for sng's they are all on the party network

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you have to manually import tournament summaries if you want to use pokertracker, and the fact that cashier is webbased, and, least importantly but most annoying, the fact that every time you leave it autoloads to the Eurobet homepage. This doesn't sound that annoying, but I multitable pokerroom 6-max and it uses the pokerroom window as the webpage, exiting you out of your game. V. annoying.

TheUsher
07-07-2005, 08:14 PM
I'd say Empire is probably the best skin to get rakeback from since it's similar to Party, has some pretty good perks, and you could get a good rakeback % there. Personally, if I signed up with Eurobet and had to deal with their HH problem I'd pretty much kill myself because it's a pain in the butt for high-volume players.

gildwulf
07-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Yea, I play like 50-100 SNGs a week and it drives me nuts. At this point I just use SNG tracker and go through my hand histories from there...

bluewilde
07-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Can someone just tell me what affiliate to go with? I look through the classifieds and get lost/give up before I make a choice.

Oh, and usually when someone makes this request they say to go for a PM; I assume it's in the interest of keeping spam off the boards. So feel free to PM me if that's ok.

unreal_nh
07-07-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you have to manually import tournament summaries if you want to use pokertracker, and the fact that cashier is webbased, and, least importantly but most annoying, the fact that every time you leave it autoloads to the Eurobet homepage. This doesn't sound that annoying, but I multitable pokerroom 6-max and it uses the pokerroom window as the webpage, exiting you out of your game. V. annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you read my mind

raptor517
07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone just tell me what affiliate to go with? I look through the classifieds and get lost/give up before I make a choice.

Oh, and usually when someone makes this request they say to go for a PM; I assume it's in the interest of keeping spam off the boards. So feel free to PM me if that's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are blocking yer pms. pm me and ill give you information and get you set up. holla

Colonel Kataffy
07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are blocking yer pms. pm me and ill give you information and get you set up. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, yeah. He probably turned it off after being bombarded with offers from affiliates.

raptor517
07-07-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, yeah. He probably turned it off after being bombarded with offers from affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt this. holla

Ryendal
07-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Hello. It's for rakeback topic. Can you tell me how to get a good rakeback, for exemple under empire ?
Thank you

citanul
07-07-2005, 11:55 PM
oh i dunno, maybe the classifieds might tell you something like this?

citanul

smb394
07-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Run of a search of the Zoo (internet forum). Do not post a question about this down there though, as it will get deleted or scorned upon. Also, classifieds work as mentioned.

taylor
07-08-2005, 01:02 AM
So if I have an existing acct. at Party that I've used for a while w/o rakeback, I can open an acct. at Empire and get rakeback? (sorry if this has been gone over before but it's kinda confusing)

TStokes
07-08-2005, 01:06 AM
yes

beeyjay
07-08-2005, 01:08 AM
rakeback is overrated, you dont need it.

I like this thread cuz it gives me a lot of confidence those people claiming the online poker boom is over are just being silly.

GrekeHaus
07-08-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to fix this problem so it doesn't hijack your window. I'm not sure what browser you're using, but if you're using Firefox go to Tools->Options. Under the Advanced Tab, there's an option that says "Tabbed Browsing" underneath that, there is an option that says "Open links from other applications in:". Change that to say "a new window" and it will then open in a new window and stop hijacking you.

Phill S
07-08-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello. It's for rakeback topic. Can you tell me how to get a good rakeback, for exemple under empire ?
Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a site that advertises on here that reviews and offers tons of rakeback affiliates. Im not telling you the name, but im looking at two of their flashing ads as i type this on the right of my screen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get off your arse and find this out for yourself.

Phill

Maulik
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I like this thread cuz it gives me a lot of confidence those people claiming the online poker boom is over are just being silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, in the last 3 days I've paid over $300 in rake. that = $100 in rakeback. I wish I had taken care of rakeback sooner.

jon462
07-08-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, in the last 3 days I've paid over $300 in rake. that = $100 in rakeback. I wish I had taken care of rakeback sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, PLEASE pm and let me know wher eyou got 33% rakeback at. If you can get me set refer me to a place that can get me 33% of ANY party skin I will send ya 50 bucks!!

citanul
07-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Guys, I know it doesn't seem like it yet, but one day, this forum will be more heavilly moderated than this, and hopefully that moderator will be enforcing this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1282574&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Outright discussions of rakeback are against the rules of the site. Picture it: posts deleted, accounts banned. Learn to use the search function, or the classifieds OR THE MILLIONS OF BLINKING BANNERS ON EVERY PAGE FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Stop being such f'ing idiots.

citanul

editted to add: or maybe you could just all learn how to use the PM function.

jon462
07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
lol, im sorry. My post was sarcastic (shoulda been more obvious), as I have trouble believing there is a 33% rakeback out there on party skins.

citanul
07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, im sorry. My post was sarcastic (shoulda been more obvious), as I have trouble believing there is a 33% rakeback out there on party skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

my reply, though ordered by the way threads work to look so, was not intended solely for your post. this whole thread is garbage and should burn in hell.

citanul

legendary loser
07-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I think it would be a good idea for someone to write up a rakebake FAQ. As someone who just signed up recently for rakeback, I can tell you I searched the archives for many hours looking rakeback info and did not find very much helpful info.

citanul
07-08-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be a good idea for someone to write up a rakebake FAQ. As someone who just signed up recently for rakeback, I can tell you I searched the archives for many hours looking rakeback info and did not find very much helpful info.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Someone" did much better than that! They wrote a WHOLE FAQ ABOUT INTERNET GAMBLING!!!

To quote a bit of it:

[ QUOTE ]
Affiliates of sites

What is an affiliate?

An affiliate is someone who gets payment for introducing you to a poker site.
Sometimes this payment is in the form of a one-off sum, but often it is a direct percentage of the rake paid by the player the introduce.
Some people will make all manner of nice offers to get you to sign up as their player (For you to have them as your affiliate is the common phrasing of this).
Many players get a deal with the affiliate to get their rake back (Often worded as simply "rakeback").
Many of these deals are against the Terms and Conditions of the site where the player is playing.
All discussion by affiliates, or players looking for an affiliate on this board is now banned.

The reasons for this are twofold.

Firstly this is a commercial site that sells advertising space. Advertising yourself as an affiliate for free detracts from the income of 2+2.
Secondly, there are hundreds of people on this forum who are affiliates, if they all engaged in a public bidding war the place would just be full of spam and useless as an informative forum.

What should I do if I see somebody post details of their affiliate offer(s) on the forum (or spamming the board in general)?

Firstly, do not reply to the post, as this only bumps the post to the top of the forum, which is exactly what the affiliate (spammer) wants.

Secondly, notify the moderator immediately. This can be done by clicking the right hand button of the three at the bottom of the post in question.
Prompt notification assists the moderator in quickly removing the offending thread. Also, never assume somebody else has notified the moderator - double checking does no harm what so ever.

How do I get an account at a Party skin if I already have a Party account?

They don't want you to do this, please bear that in mind when reading the following discussion.

Some discussion on opening an account at Empire (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1172292&Forum= f14&Words=%2Bclose%20%2Bparty%20%2Baccount&Searchp age=0&Limit=25&Main=1172292&Search=true&where=body sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&older val=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1172292)

[/ QUOTE ]

Moreover:

"Someone" is quote explicit about the policy of the site regarding rakeback:
GODDAMNIT (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1282574&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Further, as I have stated, even thought the search function is not very good, this information is posted CONSTANTLY, meaning that if you picked some random forum and went looking just through a weeks worth of posts or so, you'd find the information you want. And again, even though the search function is not very good, you can, and I have several times, find the information you are looking for using the search function.

Additionally, as has been pointed out SEVERAL TIMES in this thread, there are classifieds on this site, PAID ADVERTISEMENTS. There are banner and sidebar ads for various rakeback sites INCLUDING ONE THAT DOES REVIEWS AND HAS A FAQ ABOUT RAKE BACK ON IT.

These ads SHOW UP ON EVERY PAGE OF THIS SITE.

citanul

jon462
07-08-2005, 12:48 PM
it is really not very hard to find an affiliate by going through the classifieds. One says "I offer x amount" another says "I offer y amount" - you click all their links and pick the one that best suits your needs.