PDA

View Full Version : How have "Sit and Go Power Tools" helped your game?

SuitedSixes
07-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm undecided as to if I will buy this (http://sitngo-analyzer.com) right now. Can anybody say anything to sway my decision one way or the other?

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Do it.

Deep down inside you want to be like me.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yugoslav
PS The only caution I'd have is to not let it F up your brain into thinking bad pushes are good pushes b/c you can contruct a tight range that makes the push +$EV....

Nottom
07-07-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm undecided as to if I will buy this (http://sitngo-analyzer.com) right now. Can anybody say anything to sway my decision one way or the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is fantastic and would be worth it even at twice the price, if you are playing the 30s or up it should easily pay for itself in a under a week.

Sure its nothing you couldn't do by hand, but it sure makes it easy.

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Since studying with it I've most likely lost $$$.

In your face Easty!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav
PS Although I'm quite a bit better.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

suited_ace
07-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, you know what I think: buy it ASAP.

It won't dramatically change your game, but it will teach you to spot a lot of +EV situations that would go unnoticed. Your ROI will appreciate it.

wulfheir
07-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I've mostly heard reference to this at higher levels. I'm a new $10+1 player and have toyed with the idea of getting, but unsure how it will affect things at this buy-in. The wife has already 'okayed' the purchase, I just need some confirmation at this level, or if I should keep it on my wish list until I move up in levels.

1C5
07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
In HOH2, Harrington talks about spending hours doing calculations that the tool does in a second.

I like it.

ilya
07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, it's just a calculator. If you can read your opponents pretty well, but don't have a good feel for which cards are profitable to push given your reads, the program will help you. If you suck at putting people on hand ranges, the program will be of very limited use to you.

johnnybeef
07-07-2005, 05:26 PM
get it....NOW!!!!

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The wife has already 'okayed' the purchase

[/ QUOTE ]

So...you need to clear things by your wife in order to buy them? And your wife okayed a purchase of some sort.....and you're hesitating on whether or not you should buy it?!?!

Oh, it's also quite useful....does that help? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

octaveshift
07-07-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ability to assess your pushes and folds immediately after a game is well worth the price, IMO.

I love opening a tournament history, clicking through my push/folds and seeing that I have made the right decision (almost) every time.

After a while, +EV stealing opportunities become more intuitive.

gildwulf
07-07-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The wife has already 'okayed' the purchase

[/ QUOTE ]

So...you need to clear things by your wife in order to buy them? And your wife okayed a purchase of some sort.....and you're hesitating on whether or not you should buy it?!?!

Oh, it's also quite useful....does that help? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too *makes loud whipping sound*...

Solitare
07-07-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's just a calculator. If you can read your opponents pretty well, but don't have a good feel for which cards are profitable to push given your reads, the program will help you. If you suck at putting people on hand ranges, the program will be of very limited use to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to be particularly adept at putting people on hand ranges.

The program allows you to quickly test out a variety of hand ranges. This enables you to determine if your hand is in the ballpark of being a good push/call. There are many times you discover that the opponents hand range doesn't matter much.

In fact, it's a good tool to help get a feel for what hand ranges a good opponent might be playing in a given situation.

11t
07-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Nothin like the love of a good woman

gildwulf
07-07-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothin like the love of a good woman

[/ QUOTE ]

If my gf ever made me 'ask' for permission to buy stuff it would be a one way ticket to dumpsville:P

Big Limpin'
07-07-2005, 08:45 PM
"Sit & Go Pwer Tools"??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7801/y2drill3wr.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

fnord_too
07-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I have a spreadsheet that some of you may find slightly useful here (http://www.stwing.org/~martinja/poker/fnord_push_spreadsheet.xls ) .

This was mainly developed for MTT's, but there is no reason it cannot be helpful in STT's. What it does is this:
Assumptions:
Everyone has the same calling range (though you can set the calling range to whatever you want)
If you get called you get called in only one place
If you get called the caller has you covered
There are some other changable assumptions built in
Hands left to act are independant with respect to being a calling hand (i.e. no bunching effects)

What it does:
For an arbitrary calling range (I have 5 or 6 defined that you can easily change) it calculates the chance of getting called with N people (including the blinds) left to act.
For your stack size (in terms of BB) it shows what % of the time your hand needs to win the pot if called to be +EV in terms of chip equity if you open push
Given an equity against the range, it computes the chip EV of open pushing in terms of BB and % of current stack

BIG STT CAVEAT:
Chip EV diverges greatly from cash EV in many situations. This is not as big of a deal in the middle stages of an MTT, but you feel significant effects from hand 1 in an STT I think.

rydazzle
07-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Nice.

Ive been thinking of starting an open source FREE alternative, Perl/Python/C/whatever... the program should be pretty trival to write...problem is, I have no time /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pergesu
07-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't call SNGPT trivial by any means

AliasMrJones
07-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Definitely worth it. Immediately after a SnG you can analyze the hand you lost with to see if it was +EV to push or call as well as go back and see if there were places earlier where you should have pushed or where you pushed/called, but should have folded. Bubble/ITM push/fold play is critical in a SnG and this proggy will help fine-tune yours.

fnord_too
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I am planning on buying the SNGPT, it looks pretty damn sweet.

The Don
07-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Did eastbay update this to include the new blind level?

AliasMrJones
07-07-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did eastbay update this to include the new blind level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

pergesu
Yeah, he got it out with the quickness. But it crashes if you set the structure to PokerStars Turbos. So if that's all you're playing, wait until the next update.

gildwulf
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I am planning on buying the SNGPT, it looks pretty damn sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm buying it as soon as my rakeback comes for June

YourFoxyGrandma
07-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Bought it yesterday. Money very well spent.

Jman28
07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
If it was $500, I would recommend you to buy it. Quickly.