PDA

View Full Version : st00pid question

chopchoi
07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Supose it was scientifically proven that your IQ is 2 points higher when you are standing up than when you are sitting down, due to better blood-flow to the brain. Some poker theorist then went on to show that, due to this increase in IQ, you could increase your EV by 1 tenth of a big bet per hour by playing poker while standing up.

Would any of you ditch your comfy armchairs?

Wetdog
07-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I've heard that you get increased flow to the brain when you are standing on your head. I don't think I'd do that though. The beer would just run out my nose.

VoraciousReader
07-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Since I try to select good starting hands, but don't really need to put that much thought into it, I sit in my comfy armchair until I want to play a hand.

Then I stand up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chopchoi
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I try to select good starting hands, but don't really need to put that much thought into it, I sit in my comfy armchair until I want to play a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer!

Redd
07-07-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer!

[/ QUOTE ]

He was probably standing up when he wrote it.

btspider
07-07-2005, 05:59 PM
add no content next time. (and yes ppl sometimes title legitimate hands as "stoopid question")

in any case fatigue would eventually offset the increase.

Aaron W.
07-07-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Supose it was scientifically proven that your IQ is 2 points higher when you are standing up than when you are sitting down, due to better blood-flow to the brain. Some poker theorist then went on to show that, due to this increase in IQ, you could increase your EV by 1 tenth of a big bet per hour by playing poker while standing up.

Would any of you ditch your comfy armchairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's .1 BB/hour, then it's probably on the order of one minor decision per hour. But I already stand up when I need to think carefully, so it's not going to make things different for me.