PDA

View Full Version : multitable preflop hands

Biggenx
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I just wanted to check with you guys about whether i'm playing these hands right.

right now, i'm playing the .5-.10 NL&PL tables at Crazy Poker, i used the ten dollar no deposit sign up bonus as my bankroll. I'm four tabling so i tend to play premium hands only, and i play them fairly passivly(raising only when in position w/AK,AQsuited, or AA KK QQ in or out of position)

The question i have is how i should play hands like KT, AT, QT, i rarely call raises with them cold, but i tend to fold them in early position alot. Is this the right thing to do?

i can imagine this type of subject has been beaten to death before, but i'm sure it couldn't hurt to make just one more thread.

Nathan183
07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Those hands are pretty much auto-muck from any position, unless they're soooooooted. Then I play them in position if the price is right.

IamLeach
07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Never underestimate the power of suited. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Biggenx
07-07-2005, 03:46 PM
so i should fold them in position, that doesn't seem right cause i'm ussually getting at least 5-1 on my money.

amoeba
07-07-2005, 03:47 PM
current preflop odds are almost meaningless in NL.

Biggenx
07-07-2005, 03:54 PM
what about playing rags out of the small blind

amoeba
07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I think the thing to consider when deciding what to play out of the SB is how aggressive are my opponents with made hands on the flop and turn and how liable are they to pay me off if I hit something big.

what you want is habitual slowplayers who slow play vulnerable hands or calling stations who look you up with mid pair or top pair low kicker.

you also want hands that are liable to hit somebody else if you hit your hand.