PDA

View Full Version : I left in the middle of a haircut

judgesmails
07-07-2005, 02:07 PM
It usually takes a competent barber, or whatever they are called, about 7-8 minutes to cut my hair.

Yesterday I sit down in the chair and this broad is working on me for over 30 minutes. The lady next to her is on her third haircut while I am sitting there. Finally, I had enough. I said, "I am sorry, I can't sit here all day. I have to leave." She looked hurt and I immediately felt bad - and I also looked like a jacka** with half a haircut. But I left anyway.

Now I have to go find another place to get a haircut today. Serves me right for being such an impatient a-hole.

chaas4747
07-07-2005, 02:08 PM
How much did this cost you?

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 02:09 PM
That is really, really, really funny.

Since you're gonna have to be a bit of a dick about it later, could you mention earlier on that you'd appreciate a very fast haircut even if she sacrifices quality? Or did you just have no idea that real haircuts can take 30min+?

Yugoslav

junkmail3
07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc16.jpg ?

-Skeme-
07-07-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She looked hurt and I immediately felt bad - and I also looked like a jacka** with half a haircut.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh out loud. I imagined a dude with half of his head completely shaved and the other half still long. Will the next place you go to only charge you half?

judgesmails
07-07-2005, 02:13 PM
$15

-Skeme-
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Did she give you $7.50 back?

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did she give you $7.50 back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually you pay for haircuts after they're done. But it would be interesting if people think he should pay full price, half price or nothing. I think full price is in order....unless he made it clear he was in a big hurry..in which case I'm fine with him paying nothing.

Yugoslav

judgesmails
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I paid full price without asking or expecting anything less. For all I know, she would have ended up doing a good job if I had given her the chance to finish.

-Skeme-
Yeah, true. I think he should also have to pay $15 as she did 30 minutes of work on his head and it was his choice to leave.

I think simply telling her to speed up is superior to just leaving. I mean, she already butchered half of your head, seems like you're pot committed. Might aswell just politely ask her to move quicker.. if you need to be somewhere important in a hurry, I doubt meeting someone with half a haircut is +EV.

Shajen
is this you?

http://ib1.campusnetwork.com/lun1/exhibition_view/96/48/be90db479296415e487448b2a6337833.jpg

Bluffoon
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
This is why it is important to find a barber. Preferably one who speaks broken or no english. I have never had a bad haircut or had one take more than ten minutes from a sixty five year old italian barber.

I have been getting my hair cut in the subway station at columbus circle in NYC for ten years. They just raised the price to $11 and they cut your hair in about five minutes flat.

tdarko
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$15

[/ QUOTE ]
but you took a $15 bottle of conditioner on the way right?

raisethatmofo
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM

2+2 wannabe
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I said, "I am sorry, I can't sit here all day. I have to leave."

[/ QUOTE ]

you acted like a super douchebag - seriously

it's one thing if you're impatient - but you were out and out rude about it

don't you schedule a half-hour when you get a haircut? is it really something you want her to rush through? this isn't mcdonalds - it's a [censored] haircut.

hopefully you look like a tool.

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I paid full price without asking or expecting anything less. For all I know, she would have ended up doing a good job if I had given her the chance to finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's all good....except your haircut apparently, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

judgesmails
07-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I did act act like a douchebag and, as I stated, immediately felt bad about my behavior.

I look worse than any tool you could imagine, and deserve it. Your wish is true.

Although I don't think a haircut should take 30+ minutes.

samjjones
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It could take 30+ minutes if you look like this:
http://entimg.msn.com/i/mu/r/richardmarx/Marx_KR188377319_150x200.jpg

sexypanda
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
A good haircut can take 20-30 minutes. I actually appreciate a barber who takes his/her time. I also probably pay alot more than most of the posters here, in New York a cheap good haircut is hard to come by. I tried Supercuts once and they shave the back of my hair like 2 inches to high, and I looked like a total retard for a month.

I had this unbelievably methodical dude cut my hair last time, it probably took a good half hour, but it's worth it. Getting a good haircut not only makes you look better immediately, but allows you to get it cut less often, because your hair doesn't grow out all retarded.

Voltron87
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Where do you get your hair cut in NYC? I have yet to find a good place, though I'm lazy about it.

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It could take 30+ minutes if you look like this:
http://entimg.msn.com/i/mu/r/richardmarx/Marx_KR188377319_150x200.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Dad?

sexypanda
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you get your hair cut in NYC? I have yet to find a good place, though I'm lazy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when I was in college, I'd just go to Scott J, it's on 110th street maybe (they also have one on 72nd). They give like a 20% discount for students or something, so including tip and all, it's probably $30 (maybe less). I still have my college ID so I go there most of the time. Last time though, I went to this place near my apt (maybe 84th and Broadway), it was a bit more expensive, but I was in a rush. They were really good though.

Blarg
07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
30 minutes is ridiculous for a guy's hair. I hate getting my haircut in shops/salons. They spray water on you and [censored]. I mean is that F'ing necessary ?

[/ QUOTE ]

For people with really wavy or springy or thick hair, yeah. My hair can look completely different depending on how fast it dries, if there was wind blowing on it when it dried, or after it dried...etc etc. Then the hair just seems to STICK that way. And it's totally arbitrary. So spraying it with water lets hair relax to its natural length, so you can get an even cut.

If you have really straight or thin hair, I guess it doesn't matter.

GuyOnTilt
07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
She was probably still in semi-training or something. Poor her. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

2+2 wannabe
07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with you. I did act act like a douchebag and, as I stated, immediately felt bad about my behavior.

I look worse than any tool you could imagine, and deserve it. Your wish is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha you're very apologetic about this - i appreciate that

here's to you not looking like a tool

augie00
07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I cut my own hair and it takes about 9 minutes. I win.

Dantes
07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
on a related note, if a hot hairdresser takes 1/2 hour to cut your hair, does she want you?

Bluffoon
07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron Ive been getting my hair cut at a shop in the columbus circle subway station for ten years. $11 bucks and five minutes and you are done. The guy by the cash register is the best but woman on the left as you walk in the door and the guy directly behind her on that same side arent bad either. Avoid the others.

RacersEdge
07-07-2005, 03:48 PM
No to a barber for me. I think of getting some kind of 50's style haircut with 50 year old equipment at a barber shop.

I want a chick or a gay guy cutting my hair at a salon..

It's my most metro thing.. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

chaas4747
07-07-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No to a barber for me. I think of getting some kind of 50's style haircut with 50 year old equipment at a barber shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very incorrect. If you have ever had a good haircut from a barber pair with a hot foam and straight razor shave you would know it is the best.

RacersEdge
07-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Maybe they give a good shave, but that's not important to me.

This one woman uses a 4 setting on the electric clippers all the way around, then a 2 setting on the sides, a 1.5 on the sidebuns, then blending it all in with schears. I think that might be too complex for a barber. (But it still only takes 10 minutes max.)

Bluffoon
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they give a good shave, but that's not important to me.

This one woman uses a 4 setting on the electric clippers all the way around, then a 2 setting on the sides, a 1.5 on the sidebuns, then blending it all in with schears. I think that might be too complex for a barber. (But it still only takes 10 minutes max.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Barbers are pros. I have a fair amount of gray sprinkled in. I used to go to a barber in brooklyn that used to somehow cut it all out. Id like to see your razor woman do that.

CrashPat
07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the only logical question here is: Did you tip her?

fluorescenthippo
07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
a $15 haircut shouldnt take this long. for 20 bucks, maybe. but this could also depend on where you live i suppose

TylerD
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
this thread is worthless without pictures.