PDA

View Full Version : my first session in a really long time....

edtost
07-07-2005, 02:03 PM
checking up on some basics. villain seems tightish, i haven't been getting out of line too much.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>?

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

FPS on the river? it sure looks like a frush to me.

Dariel86
07-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Why wouldn't you raise the river?

mantra21
07-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Your hand beats the possible flush.

shant
07-07-2005, 02:08 PM
I would've 3-bet the turn.

BWebb
07-07-2005, 02:09 PM
That is fine. You under-represented your hand on the turn, so a checkraise is fine. If opponent is aggressive, a bet-3bet line might be better.

edtost
07-07-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't you raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i decided to try bet-3betting.

edtost
07-07-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't played a session in about 2 months, so humor me here, my card sense is lacking at the moment. when he raises the turn, what do you think a decent opponent's hand range is here?

Entity
07-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I'd checkraise the river if he capped the turn after I 3-bet, especially if he's tightish. I'd bet intending to 3-bet if I just called the turn raise for some reason.

Rob

Entity
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't played a session in about 2 months, so humor me here, my card sense is lacking at the moment. when he raises the turn, what do you think a decent opponent's hand range is here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplayed AA, KK, set of 5's, A/images/graemlins/spade.gifKx semibluff, JTs, AJs, flush.

There aren't that many hands he can have here if he's decent, but there certainly aren't many flush hands he can have, if your read is right. A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, and maybe K/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, and all of those will generally give you more flop action than you got.

Rob

edtost
07-07-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd checkraise the river if he capped the turn after I 3-bet, especially if he's tightish. I'd bet intending to 3-bet if I just called the turn raise for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so i put him on too good a hand too quickly on the turn; what's your plan for the river if hero doesn't boat up, check-call if he caps the turn and bet-call if he just calls the 3bet?

Entity
07-07-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so i put him on too good a hand too quickly on the turn; what's your plan for the river if hero doesn't boat up, check-call if he caps the turn and bet-call if he just calls the 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he just calls a 3-bet, I bet-call a non/images/graemlins/spade.gif, bet-3bet a board pairing card, and probably check-call a /images/graemlins/spade.gif (I'm not super sure about this one, but I can't see myself folding).

Rob

shant
07-07-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played the 3/6 6-max, so I'm not sure what the texture of the game is, but at 5/10 even against a tight player this range can be pretty big. Aside from the flush, he can have any PP higher or lower than JJ(including the set-making ones and especially if one of his cards is a /images/graemlins/spade.gif) or any combo of high card with the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. There are more I can throw in for 6-max, but you said he was a fairly tight players, so I can't include 52s.

Edit: Entity's hand range has some good ones I left out.

BWebb
07-07-2005, 02:30 PM
[censored], didn't realize this is 6max. In that case, 3-bet the turn. If capped, check call a non-boat making card. If you make a fh, check-raise. If just called, bet any non-spade. Check call a spade.

edtost
07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he just calls a 3-bet, I ... check-call a /images/graemlins/spade.gif (I'm not super sure about this one, but I can't see myself folding).

[/ QUOTE ]

in my absence from the forum, has the clarkmeister theorem fallen out of vogue?

Entity
07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he just calls a 3-bet, I ... check-call a /images/graemlins/spade.gif (I'm not super sure about this one, but I can't see myself folding).

[/ QUOTE ]

in my absence from the forum, has the clarkmeister theorem fallen out of vogue?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just a matter of me trying to put him on a range of hands -- since he's tight -- that he can call with if he doesn't have a /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I'm not positive that he bluffs without a spade, but I don't see too many non-spade hands that can call a 4th spade on the river.

Rob