PDA

View Full Version : Admit it!

Dariel86
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I play limit 2/4.
My blind play SUCKS.
I'm going to get some books with chapters on limit blind play.

What's the weakest part of your game and what are you going to do about it.

Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it. No one is going to do it for you, so START ADMITTING!

housenuts
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
i honestly didn't think blind play was a big part of 2/4 and other small stakes games. the SS Digest included a few threads on blind stealing/defense, but i am going to have to go ahead and disagree that it is such an important aspect.

for one there's generally already going to be 2-3 limpers in the pot which almost always gives you sufficient odds to complete from the SB, or call from the BB. you know all the limpers will call, and it's very rare that someone is going to be limp-raising

and two i don't often see plain old flat steals. the times it's folded around to the button or CO and they attempt a steal-raise are so few and far between (at least in the games i try to find) that it would be much more profitable focusing on other weaknesses of your game.

and on top of that, alot of the times that it is, and they decide to raise, and i get tricky and play back they actually do have a legitimate hand. you gotta figure someone in the group of 10 players will have a decent opening hand.

my 2 cents

Dariel86
07-07-2005, 01:57 PM
You didn't answer my question though, what's your weakest part? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And If you claim your perfect, then you can just jump of a balcony and die happy!

shant
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
My biggest problem while playing 5/10 6max was the affect wierd beats and downswings had on my attitude and mood. I took some reccomendations from other posters and got a book on Zen so we'll see if that helps. Not playing 6max anymore, and running well has also helped.

Dariel86
07-07-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and running well has also helped.

[/ QUOTE ]

It usually does /images/graemlins/cool.gif

KDawgCometh
07-07-2005, 02:05 PM
for me, I think one problem is not controlling my aggression at times. I like to raise a lot and I really need to keep that in check most of the time so that I don't chip spew

TripleH68
07-07-2005, 02:09 PM
My weakest parts ranked in order...

1) That I am not sure what my weakest part is.
2) Blind play.
3) VP$IP is too low/I am too tight.
4) Table selection.
5) Discipline, lack of.

I am working to move from marginal player to solid player at 1-2/2-4.

W. Deranged
07-07-2005, 02:22 PM
1. Paying off way too many river bets and not trusting my reads when I am clearly beaten.

2. Paying off way too many river bets and not trusting my reads when I am clearly beaten.

3. Trying to manufacture too many pots/making too many -EV bluff bets.

4. Game selection.

5. Paying off way too many river bets and not trusting my reads when I am clearly beaten.

Paxosmotic
07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
1. I call down too many hands after being raised on the turn.

2. I'm bad with offsuited broadways.

3. I don't know any other flaws.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Pre-flop and post flop play. Besides that I am pretty solid.

ElSapo
07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i honestly didn't think blind play was a big part of 2/4 and other small stakes games. the SS Digest included a few threads on blind stealing/defense, but i am going to have to go ahead and disagree that it is such an important aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was probably true 12 months ago. Not anymore, I think.

AceCraig
07-07-2005, 03:29 PM
1. folding too much or at the wrong times.
2. calling too much after getting turn raised
3. a little tight passive with medium streght hands ( not protecting my hand in large pots)

RatFink
07-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Shying away from obvious river value bets. I punch myself in the nuts each time I miss one now. Since I can't stand much more of that, I should be cured soon.

McGahee
07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Lazy, non-existent table selection.
I Tilt easily.
I hopelessly bluff calling stations OOP HU in small pots and assume they're pulling a world-class play on me when I check/fold the turn or river.
I respect dirt on the bottom of my shoe more than I respect my opponent's flop raises and I quiver at the site of a turn raise.

Two_Slick
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My biggest problem while playing 5/10 6max was the affect wierd beats and downswings had on my attitude and mood. I took some reccomendations from other posters and got a book on Zen so we'll see if that helps. Not playing 6max anymore, and running well has also helped.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Anger Wisdom for Cooling the Flames" by Thich Nhat Hanh has helped me a lot through running bad at cards and life in general. Not a bad read for any Tilt-prone poker player.