PDA

View Full Version : 6-max AA hand w/bad flop

twolf
07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Easy flop to check fold against 3 opponents or make a probing bet? I played extremely passivly to get to showdown cheap on this board. I was preparing to check/fold the flop but when button checked I had no plan. This is only my 3rd hand at the table btw, so I had no real expectation of button betting this into 3 players. If the river came a non-diamond, non-broadway card I planned to value bet about $3 or $4 and fold to a raise, sound good?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($16.31)
CO ($21.95)
Button ($76.91)
SB ($19.5)
BB ($70.8)
Hero ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1.25, SB (poster) calls $1.15, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($5) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($5) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, SB calls $1, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

River: ($9) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $9

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 4d 2d (flush, king high).
BB has 9h Th (straight, king high).
Hero has Ad Ah (two pair, aces and queens).
Button has 8h 8d (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: SB wins $9. </font>

amoeba
07-07-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't like the turn play.

theres 2 checks to you, I think its safe to say nobody has a Q.

its possible button behind you has the Q but its not very likely.

bet the turn for $4.

since you checked, you should raise the button's minibet.

flop check is fine.

guaranteedBluff
07-07-2005, 01:19 PM
First, I like to raise more than $1 with AA on the $25 tables bc then the loosy-goosies won't stay with the likes of 2/4s...

On the flop, bet 2/3 pot, and a call means either an K or Q (or draw). Then, on the turn, if the Q-holder is before you, he probably bets big, and you lay down your rockets. If the caller is behind you, make a solid value bet again (people stay for these bets on draws, etc....). If he reraises you may have to lay it down, based on your reads on him. Best case scenario, though - everyone will simply fold to your bet on the flop.