PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 hand AK on AAJ flop

ahnuld
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Playing 102 nl on prima, I have 200 as does everyone else involved in the hand. I have no real reads. I pick up AK and raise to 8, one caller, then villan raises to 14. I call as does limper. Not sure what this min reraise means but lets take a flop.

Flop comes Ah Jh Ad. I check (should I have bet), limper checks, and villan bets 20 into 43 pot. I min raise. limper folds, Villan reraises me to 80. Is this an instapush? Only hands im losing to are AJ and JJ.

Pocket Trips
07-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I would push here.. If he is raising on that flop he most likely has the case ace with a worse kicker. Sure he could have AJ or JJ but you can't worry about monsters under the bed with a hand like this....

If you wait till the turn another heart may scare him from putting much more $$$ into the pot and you won't get paid off as much as pushing on the flop will.

If he is raising this flop with a heart draw and it hits.. just smile and reload knowing that stack won't be staying with him for long...

BTW I'm a total Donk who only plays micro limits so take this post FWIW

theben
07-07-2005, 01:11 PM
typical villian would probably check an AJ. JJ is your biggest fear.

the preflop minraise means anything from a pair, 77-AA or big cards as crappy as AJ.

im not too worried about AJ. many players would also check JJ in this spot since villian is last to act and everybody checked it him.

seems like trips is most likely, so i go broke here if AK is beaten