PDA

View Full Version : Marginal hand from BB

swatkaizen
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Table VP$IP is 45%, CO was LA-P

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Ok, I have TP decent kicker. Maybe I should have gone for a check raise here. After being called around, I assume others have bottom or middle pair, top pair worse kicker, maybe gutshot draw.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Too aggressive? I wanted to limit the field an increase my chances of winning. T doesn't complete anyone's straight that wasn't already there, but it is an OC.

River: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Scary card.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Play it any differently?

edit: ignore the c/r comment from the flop, as qharp pointed out (thx) ... i was reviewing hands from my last couple sessions and misread my own play /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gharp
07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Something weird in the converter here -- your title says your the BB so I'll go with that, but the converter says you posted UTG then checked after the SB.

Anyway:

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I have TP decent kicker. Maybe I should have gone for a check raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure how you can check-raise when someone in front of you bets. Definitely raise here to protect your hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Too aggressive? I wanted to limit the field an increase my chances of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is fine if you know someone will bet, but there's no way to know that since you were the aggressor on the flop. Just bet out here.

River call is fine, but I'd be surprised if YHIG...

davelin
07-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Bet turn.

swatkaizen
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Something weird in the converter here -- your title says your the BB so I'll go with that, but the converter says you posted UTG then checked after the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I went back and checked that in PT. The guy to my right chose not to post the BB and left the table.

deception5
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Flop raise is good.

Turn you have no reason to believe anyone after you is going to bet so just bet out.

Check/calling the river against one opponent is probably fine. Would be interested to see if anyone would prefer a bet/fold here, given that co is passive postflop (especially if we'd bet the turn and been called by just the CO).

silkyslim
07-07-2005, 12:55 PM
i dont like the turn raise, the pot is small and you are probably behind. I might fold. whoa i missed that you checked it, id bet out since you raised the flop.