PDA

View Full Version : AA in big blind

blink20
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok, this was horribly played by me, but thinking about it afterwards, I'm not sure of how much I need to be betting to get maximum value from my hand. I played it waaay to fast when opponent was obviously drawing to a two outer

Ok, converter is messed up...

100NL

AA bb, about 7 limpers. I make it 11 to go with two callers.

Flop:

7 7 7

There is almost 40 in the pot (probably 35), I bet 20 and get one caller

Turn:

Now with 80 in the pot, I bet 50
He thinks for a long time and folds

I bet waay to much on turn, he is obviously on JJ or the like, and only has a two outer. What is my best bet here, also, is 20 too much on the flop?

I feel like a moron for posting this hand, because I'm obviously far ahead, I just can't think of the best betting amount on each street.

* Chip stacks, *converter was weird*.... all three in the hand, we each started with about 100. Somewhere b/w 100-150, none of us short stacked.

Ghazban
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Checking the turn might encourage him to bet a smaller pair figuring you for a whiffed AK just making a flop continuation bet. Its difficult to make much money on a flop like this unless somebody has KK or QQ.

sammy_g
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet waay to much on turn, he is obviously on JJ or the like, and only has a two outer.

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, if he has JJ, he calls here.

i think he had two cards, and he figured that he had 6 outs to be you. so he called the flop bet. a medium pair is possible, too, i guess.

if you're going to bet the turn, i like your bet size. also, checking is an option here since free cards are not dangerous. maybe you get a hand like 99 to bet. or maybe a hand like QJ pairs on the river, and you get a river call.

i think you played it fine, though. you're not going to make a lot of money if villain doesn't have a hand.

djoyce003
07-07-2005, 11:44 AM
the only way you make more money is by checking the turn and hoping he either bets, or connects with a river card...if he has JJ here he calls you easily. You could try a smaller value bet like you are trying to price in your draw like say 10 or 20. What ever you think this particular villain will call. You can't win a big pot if you don't bet though, so your line wasn't terrible, any pocket pair calls you here I think.

blink20
07-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Do you guys think the preflop raise was standard?

amoeba
07-07-2005, 11:47 AM
its fine.

you got 2 callers so for this table its a nice amount.

Go_Blue88
07-07-2005, 11:53 AM
You played this hand great up until the turn. I like that you bet the flop with your monster, especially if you bet the flop after each of your raised pots. but, if you normally bet 2/3 of the pot, then you should bet 2/3 of it here. Checking the turn is the best play b/c a)there's a chance he'll try to take the pot down there thinking that you're weak and b)if he checks behind he might catch something or make a play on your river bet (again, thinking you're weak). betting the flop and checking the turn is a really good way to confuse your opponent.

i dont know what the blinds were, but if they're 1-2 then your raise seems fine to me.

blink20
07-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I like the checking the turn idea, b/c he would probably bet any pair, and put me on AK. Maybe even attempt a bluff. Also if he checks, he can catch up on the river. If he catches his 2 outer for the higher full, oh well, he's gotta be way behind here.

Thank you for the replies.

sammy_g
07-07-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think the preflop raise was standard?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd much rather take a flop with two players paying $11 than 7 players paying $1.

blink20
07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I just had some comments at another forum that they all said to just push all in. Which I thought was a ridiculous overbet (100+ on a 7$ pot) I think the field can get narrowed down enough by a 11$ raise.

sammy_g
07-07-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I just had some comments at another forum that they all said to just push all in. Which I thought was a ridiculous overbet (100+ on a 7$ pot)

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, moving in is horrible. who will call you? maybe KK? you win a lot of money from KK anyway.

TheWorstPlayer
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
well played until the turn. I probably check the turn and hope he reads it as AK and bets to protect his small pocket pair.