PDA

View Full Version : "Lucky You" the movie...

otnemem
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Just to fill anyone in who hasn't heard or doesn't know the details, this movie is set to come out in December, I believe. It's starring Eric Bana (Incredible Hulk, Chopper) and Robert Duvall (umm... Godfather ring a bell?), and it's directed by Curtis Hanson (8 Mile, Wonder Boys, LA Confidential, Hand That Rocks the Cradle). Bana plays Huck Cheever, a a WSOP (or similar) hopeful. I believe it tracks his experience through the real or fabricated championship. Hopefully this will be a departure from the piss poor quality of poker-related cinema and televison of late (excluding Rounders, of course...) Sounds like it has serious potential...

daveymck
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Matt Savage was the poker technical advisor on the film he was talking about it on an interview on the gutshot wsop website, is based on the 2003 WSOP but doesnt have a moneymaker.

Rosie5
07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
****Spoilers****

It will suck

otnemem
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
****Spoilers****

It will suck

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. He's a great director and the cast is really good. Eric Bana (granted you'll forgive him for the Hulk) is a really good actor. So is Robert Duvall.

samjjones
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
I NEVER thought I would have enjoyed an Eminem movie, but 8 Mile was very good and Hanson got a great performance out of him. I'll check it out.

bobhalford
07-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Bana is an awesome actor. If you haven't yet seen Chopper, I highly recommend it. Awesome movie.

samjjones
07-07-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bana is an awesome actor. If you haven't yet seen Chopper, I highly recommend it. Awesome movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen it, and he even made that wretched turn "Troy" watchable for me.

Muck off
07-08-2005, 12:05 AM
chopper is a bad ass movie

FNHinVA
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
More...

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=2005072000570 4&newsLang=en

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0338216/maindetails

TheMainEvent
07-21-2005, 01:33 PM
No pro cameos on the credits list so far. I thought there was one, but its John Hannigan...

unfrgvn
07-21-2005, 02:01 PM
"Lucky You" explores the story of a professional poker player (Bana) who gets a lesson in life from a struggling singer (Barrymore) as he collides with his estranged father (Duvall) in the world of high stakes poker in Las Vegas. "

So it's a chick flick with a poker wrapper?

FNHinVA
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
From the press release:

"Playing themselves or fictional counterparts in "Lucky You" -- the first Hollywood film to capture the excitement and drama of the worldwide poker phenomenon -- are Jack Binion, Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, Hoyt Corkins, Eli Elezra, Antonio Esfandiari, Sam Farha, Maureen Feduniak, Chris Ferguson, Ted Forrest, Phil Hellmuth, Chau Giang, Barry Greenstein, Jennifer Harman, Dan Harrington, John Hennigan, Karina Jett, John Juanda, Jason Lester, Erick Lindgren, Minh Ly, Mike Matusow, Daniel Negreanu, David Oppenheim, Max Pescatori, Matt Savage, Erik Seidel, Huck Seed, Mimi Tran, Cyndy Violette, Marsha Waggoner and Robert Williamson III. Brunson, Lester and Savage also served as consultants on the film."

tdarko
07-21-2005, 06:23 PM
have you read the mark brandon read books because there are tons of books other than chopper and he is just truly hilarious.