PDA

View Full Version : 88 3 handed...

7duceoff
07-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Already ITM, I am chip leader with around 5,300. The other two players each had around 3k in chips. Button is a L/A player and doubles the BB to 300. SB also a L/A player flat calls. I push all in with 88?

Too aggressive?
Blinds not higher enough for this?

liucipher
07-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Play post-flop and look for scare cards. I don't think you can fold to 1 more BB given your chip stack and the strength of your hand three-handed. At the same time, I don't feel like pushing and risking the chip lead for 14% of my stack.

7duceoff
07-07-2005, 11:19 AM
My logic was that neither of these guys would want to risk finishing 3rd by calling for their entire stacks, as they both were even in chips.

Flawed?

junkmail3
07-07-2005, 11:21 AM
I would push this. It's a great hand 3-handed. You can knock players out. And if you get called and lose, you still have a good chance to get second.

Why am I even expliaing this? Push.

revots33
07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My logic was that neither of these guys would want to risk finishing 3rd by calling for their entire stacks, as they both were even in chips.

Flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it depends on the player, but most good SNGers are willing to gamble for 1st once they've made the money. I doubt they'd play extra tight just because they wanted to avoid 3rd place. If they have a good hand they are going to see it as giving them a chance to win the whole thing.

Edited to add: but I'd still push this, it's likely you're best here.