PDA

View Full Version : KQ against a LAG

djoyce003
07-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Villain in this hand is 75/25 with above average post flop agression but is not maniacal. I think the preflop call is fairly routine. I couldn't have asked for a much better flop. The minraise threw me off a bit but with this guys stands, it doesn't mean a set, it could mean top pair, and even Q7 or K7 aren't out of the question, or it could be a flush draw. I didn't want to give a free card on the turn, so I led out again, then i'm faced with the push, what are your thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($99)
Hero ($129.5)
UTG ($56.9)
MP ($172)
CO ($109.3)
Button ($110.81)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($6.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $12</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($30.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $95</font> (all in) Hero?

amoeba
07-07-2005, 10:58 AM
turn is a bad card. I have a tough time folding here although I think he has to give you lots of respect to think you will fold thinking he has JT.

with top 2, where the only likely set is 77, I 3 bet that flop.

I think I call the turn and hope he didn't hit with his 99.

Go_Blue88
07-07-2005, 12:25 PM
you need to reraise this flop. as you probably know, minraises are often semi-bluffs, so you need to a)make him pay for his draw or b)make him define his hand more. if you're worried about a flopped set, then you could at least have the possibility of folding if he reraises you.
as you played it, you lead out for 20 on the turn for information right? well then i guess you should fold.

djoyce003
07-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I led out for 20 because I thought I was still ahead. I didn't want to push him off of his draw and if he wanted to raise his draw and pay more to draw, that was fine with me...I thought stringing him along was better. I also didn't want to blow him off of top pair here.

Stealthy
07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
The only real hands you be behind to here are pocket Kings or queens given his pre-flop raise JT is highly unlikely. AK is far more likely and I would expect you to be ahead far more than 50% in this spot. I think all the money has to go in, you have hit a near perfect flop for your hand and if he has hit a set on you then those are the breaks. You fold top 2 in this spot too often and players will be running over you all night long.

Go_Blue88
07-07-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only real hands you be behind to here are pocket Kings or queens given his pre-flop raise JT is highly unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

people min raise p/f with suited connectors all the time...JT is a definate possibility.

djoyce003
07-07-2005, 02:47 PM
well, I called here, although I didn't particularly like it. He had AK, the river was no help to him, and I won a nice pot. I found it to be a fairly tough call, but I couldn't see someone playing a set like that big of a donkey. I really thought he might have AA or AK here and was just incapable of laying it down....I of course was praying that he didn't have a set or JT, but someone that sees almost every flop is more likely to have some goofy q9 two pair hand here I thought.