PDA

View Full Version : Entering bet amounts on Party NL$25

PrincipalSkinner
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
The slider seems very imprecise--when making a preflop raise I have to either enter $1 (not enough) or $2 (too much) or enter an amount in between from the keyboard.

I like to keep my playing room semi-dark and lean back in my chair, so having to crane forward and squint and enter delete-1-decimal-5 on the keyboard (for example) gets really tedious when I'm multi-tabling.

There are so many bright people here that I just thought I'd ask if anyone has figured out how to make preflop bets between 1 and 2 using just the slider/clicker. Multiples of BBs would be fine, if there was an easy way to enter this. Betting the pot would be great, except the "bet the pot" key disappears when the action gets to me (although it's there BEFORE the action gets to me, when I don't know yet whether or not I want to use it).

Any thoughts? Thank you.
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

meleader2
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
this is why i hate party and 6 table on UB, i feel like sliding it to 2$ everytime i get AA-TT/ AKs/AKo AQs/AQo and in the long run that KILLS your bb/100.

Ghazban
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't use sliders on any site, I always type the bets in. UB has a 'bet pot' button that is available when you're active but, other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I hate using the mouse and, if I ever get around to it, will be changing to a keyboard-only poker setup.

meleader2
07-07-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't use sliders on any site, I always type the bets in. UB has a 'bet pot' button that is available when you're active but, other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I hate using the mouse and, if I ever get around to it, will be changing to a keyboard-only poker setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey yeah i heard about some sort of program that allows you to get rid of the mouse completely...

i know u do UB as well, i don't know if you've ever tried to "alt+tab" a table on there but it doesn't work, how would u go about switching around the tables?

TheWorstPlayer
07-07-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to keep my playing room semi-dark and lean back in my chair

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't. Turn the light on. Sit up. Enter your bets with the keyboard. I have never touched a slider and never will.

SonOfWestwood
07-07-2005, 10:47 AM
The only time I use the slider is if I'm pushing, otherwise I'm always typing in the amounts. I think you'll just have to suck it up and get use to typing in the amounts.

BZ_Zorro
07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never touched a slider and never will.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't use a slider on any site

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys have got to be kidding.

If you need to move the slider along a little bit, click further along and it will move on in 1 BB intervals for each click. <edit> never mind, you still can't enter 1.5.

Typing is dangerous for me too. You have to put in the 0 when you use a decimal point. I once typed in .75, hit the bet button, and ended up betting $75 pf with AQo.
A few tense moments followed while everyone folded. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ghazban
07-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Sliders suck; as soon as I realized I could just as easily be all-in by typing 9999999 (than by typing my exact stack size), I decided I'd never touch a slider again.

TheWorstPlayer
07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never touched a slider and never will.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't use a slider on any site

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys have got to be kidding.

If you need to move the slider along a little bit, click further along and it will move on in 1 BB intervals for each click.

Typing is more dangerous for me. You have to put in the 0 when you use a decimal point. I once typed in .75, hit the bet button, and ended up betting $75 pf with AQo.
A few tense moments followed while everyone folded. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is easier, clicking on a little bar on the slider or typing 0.75 which you never have to do anyways once you are playing NL50 or higher?

theben
07-07-2005, 12:11 PM
just learn to type. its better and not that hard

BZ_Zorro
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I started in limit. When I began NL the slider represented my newfound power. Just jam it to right and hit bet. No more flush draws. No more straight draws. No more [censored] catching two pair. I'm all in. How do you like that, fish?

I will never stop using the slider.

Ghazban
07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I hope you enjoy your carpal tunnel syndrome (unless you've got a good, ergonomic mouse/trackball/whatever).

NoTalent
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Just use the keypad, it is right next to the mouse (if you are right handed). There is usually a little button on the '5' key that lets you know you are on it. Practice typing numbers on the number pad and you can use that in the dark with no problems.

SonOfWestwood
07-07-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Typing is dangerous for me too. You have to put in the 0 when you use a decimal point. I once typed in .75, hit the bet button, and ended up betting $75 pf with AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're talking about Party. The bug isn't actually that you need to type a zero first. It's just that a decimal point cannot be the first key you type. For the few times I do need to bet < 1 I typically highlight the amount, hit the delete key, and then I can enter a decimal point.

Nice bug, eh?