PDA

View Full Version : Was this stupid?

DMACM
07-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Guy at the table said it was.

11 dollar tourny

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1990)
Hero (t545)
Button (t660)
SB (t3495)
BB (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
1 fold I push

zambonidrivr
07-07-2005, 09:29 AM
i think you are getting called regardless at this point. blinds are coming around so you have to make a stand real soon. i would like to think you'd get something better than 9 high in the next couple hands.

even if you don't, have you ever come back from having $200? i have, and i have had it happen to me several times. chip and a chair... and i look for a better spot.

citanul
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
your hand is too bad. your hand is too much worse than the random hand.

ie, if you fold this hand, you expect the next hand to be (significantly) better than this one.

the bb is possibly the one player at the table you have folding equity against, and that's a good thing, but unless i've observed him to be a tighty, i'd rather take my chance next hand or the hand after or whatever with a hand that's not the moral equivalent of 72o.

citanul

Mez
07-07-2005, 09:52 AM
You still have some fold equity here, but not much. You're nearly certain to get called at hte $11 level. I'm not completely against the play, but your likely to get in a better spot next hand. I do think that you cannot wait and fold your BB.

mlagoo
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
i would probably wait one more hand and hope for an ace or some sort of connector, just something a bit more playable. i may even wait until my BB if I get a similar hand UTG, and just take my chances that i'll get heads up.

Nicholasp27
07-07-2005, 10:11 AM
i'd fold

sb has no reason not to call you...losing those few chips to you still keeps him around 3k...

so u most likely will get called...i dont think u really have FE...against the button, sure...but sb will call