PDA

View Full Version : A Qo vs. maniac.

kongo_totte
07-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Villian is super LAG pre-flop raising 30% of all hands. He is aggro post-flop aswell but not super maniac. On the flop, instead of raising I'm planning on flat calling and bet if checked to on turn. Now that I pickled up a hand on the turn, I thought I would extract more by checking and inducingf a bet on the river. Anyone likes?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($77.6)
BB ($50)
UTG ($19.5)
UTG+1 ($59.2)
MP1 ($28.4)
MP2 ($11.81)
MP3 ($49.5)
CO ($22.65)
Hero ($58.2)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($10.75) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.75) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5.

Final Pot: $30.75

meleader2
07-07-2005, 10:04 AM
even though he could also have a queen i woulda reraised his horrid min raise. at worst you'll split.

Ghazban
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
even though he could also have a queen i woulda reraised his horrid min raise. at worst you'll split.

[/ QUOTE ]

What worse hands do you see calling a 3bet on the river?

meleader2
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

an ace high/mid PP. no action throughout whole hand then hero bets 5$ and is min raised...you think that'd be a K or Q?

Ghazban
07-07-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

an ace high/mid PP. no action throughout whole hand then hero bets 5$ and is min raised...you think that'd be a K or Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily, however, I don't think anything but a Q will call if hero 3bets. If villain 4bets, that's probably a king, but do we want to have to call to find out? 3betting reopens the betting for hands that beat us (AA/Kx) and I don't think worse hands will call it.

sammy_g
07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
if this guy is a lag, i'm suspicious that he's NOT betting. (i smell a rat.)

having said that i think you have to call the raise. looks ok to me.

kongo_totte
07-07-2005, 11:21 AM
He showed K 2o and MHING.

amoeba
07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
so you got a tell that he checkraises monsters on the river for $5.

still a good call.

srm80
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Why check behind on the turn? I think if you make a 1/2 pot bet on the turn you could at least see where you were at, and not get confused when the crazy river K came out. He might have a middle pair in his hand, or A8, or nothing! I would bet the turn and check call the river, and come out ahead most of the time with your AQ. The dude's a maniac and will call all bets to the river so why not bet out on the turn and not have to face a check raise on the river. If he had AA or a K, I think the check-raise would have been bigger than just doubling your bet. Bet the turn and Re-raise!

srm80
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why check behind on the turn? I think if you make a 1/2 pot bet on the turn you could at least see where you were at, and not get confused when the crazy river K came out. He might have a middle pair in his hand, or A8, or nothing! I would bet the turn and check call the river, and come out ahead most of the time with your AQ. The dude's a maniac and will call all bets to the river so why not bet out on the turn and not have to face a check raise on the river. If he had AA or a K, I think the check-raise would have been bigger than just doubling your bet. Bet the turn and Re-raise!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, a King, what a maniac! don't know if I would have checked on the turn still