PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 live: Making a Move for the pot

Pollux2
02-10-2003, 09:08 PM
fairly loose 3-6 game with below average players and one guy who plays pretty well and has almost 4 racks in front of him.

Good player (GP) limps UTG+1, 2 others limp to me, i limp in LMP with KsJs, button limps, sb folds, bb checks.
6 players.

flop: Ad 10d 2s

bb checks, GP bets out, one caller to me, i call, button folds, bb calls.

GP may have a A but i think he'd raise with most hands containing an A in UTG+1 position or fold them. He could have a 10 here or a diamond draw also.

turn is the Ac, bb checks, GP bets, limper folds, i decide to raise thinking its even less likely he has an A now and he may fold a ten here or fold to a river bet if he's on a flush draw. i have 10 outs if he's holding a ten also.

what do you think of this move?

Pollux2
02-10-2003, 09:11 PM
the bb folded to my raise, then GP reraised and i folded. GP turned over A10o and said "nice try."

Robk
02-10-2003, 11:32 PM
I think your move was pretty good Pollux! Too bad it didn't work out for you. Here are a few thoughts I had
1. You chose to put a move on a good player, and you had logical reasons to do so- well done. Putting moves on bad players is like setting money on fire.
2. Good players will limp upfront with Ax suited in good games, so I'd say he's more likely to have an A than a good player who limped in a tight game, not less.
3. His limp with ATo is almost certainly unprofitable in this game, unless he plays like God.
4. Your call on the flop is quite marginal since you don't feel great about the Qd appearing.
Better luck next time!

travisand
02-11-2003, 04:22 AM
I think you made a good move(although you probably shouldn't have called the bet on the flop), it just didn't work out.

I also think the "good" player might not have been as good as you think with A10 off.

Ed Miller
02-11-2003, 05:59 AM
I would raise KJs after a pack of limpers in late position basically every time. I think your turn raise was fine.